Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
USD 44
Agoda.com
USD 47
Free cancellation until 05/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
USD 44
Booking.comUSD 47
eDreamsUSD 47
Trip.comUSD 48
All reviews piece of history no lift historical hotel ferry port heavy luggage from spain old world charm where breakfast is served nice terrace medina edge mosaics tiles taxi
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2020

Very nice hotel with a very good location just in front of the port and next to the historical part of the town, excellent service, very friendly staff especially josef. Thank you for your warm hospitality!

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank Davidboe72
Reviewed 6 February 2020 via mobile

This is fabulous. Old world charm, fantastic views and easy walk from port. Highly recommend. Dont expect brand new hotel but lovely rustic charm. Great restaurant just down the road was recommended by hotel staff.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed the breakfast, and the staff were extremely helpful. I had walked from the ferry terminal with a large suitcase. Without my requesting help, they met me at the base of the stairs and carried my heavy luggage for me. I was so thankful! Loved exploring the expansive hotel. Three great patios to sit and look out on the port. The property was well secured. There was also an interesting antique shop inside the hotel.

Though my room was very plain with no view, it was quiet, clean, with a comfortable bed and newer pillows. The water in the shower had good pressure and an adequate supply of hot water. However, I did run into a few maintenance issues. The lock on my door stuck so sometimes it was difficult opening my door, and the screws on the door handle of the bathroom were stripped. Internet was very weak. Staff were very attentive in helping when I mentioned these issues, but none of the items were fixed during my stay of one night. The back side of the hotel had that musty smell common in older buildings. Overall, I feel as a solo woman traveller, the helpful staff and location worked well to get me acclimated to Tangier.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank trinat329
Reviewed 14 December 2019 via mobile

The taxi just drop me on the main road while the hotel is up on the hill. Nevermind taking a steep steps through historic alleys. Arrived at the hotel and I was welcomed by a senior staff with very limited English. It was very challenging to communicate for my arrangement on the next day (car booking etc). However the staff was very helpfull and with so much effort we managed to arranged everything - I was very happy. No lift to my 3rd floor room, another exercise and I was lucky i didnt have heavy bags. Room was ok and open window to have a fresh breeze and great view
Dinner at the restaurant was initially welcomed by the staff coldly but it was fine at the end. Breakfast was sufficient as well. All in all, the staff make the stay wonderfull from the front desk, security and restaurant.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2019

If you like slightly worn out hotels where you can feel the history, you'll love the Continental. Sure, it's not new (how could it be and be historically authentic) and could use a few upgrades, but if you can overlook that, you'll enjoy your stay. We found the location great. Down towards the port, right along the wall to the medina you get both the views of the water, with the medina out the back. Most of the staff we dealt with were super friendly, with possible exception of the breakfast crew. Although the breakfast was not the best we had, the mosaics in the building where breakfast is served makes up for any deficiencies in taste and freshness. Beyond the mosaics, there is a great patio to eat outside and take in the views. Our room was fine, no complaints. Our taxi was able to get up to the parking lot of the hotel, but if you are in a van or large car, that might be a problem. We'd stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2019