All reviews the executive lounge la kasbah housekeeping team i highly recommend this hotel friendly personnel rooftop pool special thanks restaurant staff junior suite rose petals loved this hotel fitness center the room was nice garden inn breakfast restaurant other hotels comfortable rooms
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Vacation of a lifetime, partially ruined by this property. During Check-Inn, I started talking to the front desk, what I assume to be locals (as they were speaking Arabic) came up behind us, were brought forward, we were moved to the side and they were checked in ahead of us. When I did get to the front desk, I was told we have an executive floor room (as I HAD been a loyal diamond member of Hilton). There was no visible sign to hint there was a second check in area for diamond members. We went to 13th floor. No one was at the executive desk. We waited, A person did show up 5 min later. But they had NO keys! So she called to get keys (funny she called and called many numbers before getting a answer, should have been a tip off to us, even the hotel staff cant get proper service) we ended up waiting another 15 more min for key to be made. Got to room very warm, with the leftover smell of smoke. Asked for assistance to get the room cooler. The room never cooled below 74 F (23 C) and had over 70% humidity. The room was warmer than it was outside at night! Too bad there are no windows to open, that would have been SOME relief.

Came back to room second afternoon after spending a FULL day in town. The room was hot and housekeeping didn't replace towels, even the ones I hung up (as to not be washed) all towels were gone. I figure it shouldn't take long for towels, so I took a shower as my wife called. It took over 1 hour to get towels. I was in the shower the ENTIRE time, as I had no way to dry off. Tired of standing in a shower after a 10 hour day exploring, I figure a bath would be better option. So I left the shower to only find the bath plug was broke. At this point I got so upset took bedspread so I could dry off! My wife used the bedspread as well. I asked for a new bedspread, they brought a robe (LOL)

During this trip I emailed NO ONE! Not work, not friends, not family, NO ONE except for this hotel! The hotel listened to my complaints. Even offered to refund 1/2 my points initially (not the tax on a room I paid with points, just 1/2 the stay on points) I was so upset I said "I want nothing from this hotel" Well they (Without notice to me) gave back all the points within 1 week after the complaint. Then nearly 2 weeks later the actually TOOK ALL THE POINTS BACK! OK now comprehend this. On vacation, email no one, only the hotel. They never disclose they are giving back all points. Only 1/2 witch I thought was CHEAP. Only too 2 weeks later take all the points back!

Long story short, the hotel knows they had poor service, a room unacceptable (for a 5 star (JOKE) property), and the only compensation they give was some $40+ USD back for a tax I still have no idea why I was charged in the first place!

Raciest towards Americans!!! DO NOT Forget that!
NO attention to detail!
Petty!!!! Took the points back! Well this diamond member stayed at Marriott's the remaining time and the A/C worked, I NEVER felt slighted because of my nationality at the Marriott!

STAY AWAY!

Room tip: Petty hotel! Stay Away!!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bret G
Raouf B, General Manager at Hilton Tanger City Center Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Bret G, We would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Tangier, and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
It is with regret to read your disappointment of your experience during your stay with us; Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, We do extend it with all sincerity. All the details of your comments will be have immediately addressed to our concerned head of departments for their prompt actions.
The foreigners and especially the Americans who come to our hotel are mostly satisfied with their stay and the image we give of Morocco. It is true that we are not immune to an unsatisfied guest as is the case here. We are fully responsible and will redouble our efforts so that our services are without reproach. Hope that you will give us a chance to prove our good will.
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We booked this hotel aiming for a pleasant stay and we found the opposite. Although rooms were spacious and bed was comfortable, the hotel did not offer what we were looking for. Breakfast was like a jungle, full of kids crying and running around and nobody did anything. Furthermore, it was difficult to find a table and usually we had to wait for 20 minutes or more. Additionally, we found difficult to find someone who speak English at the hotel (namely at the pool and the bar/restaurant). At the reception, we wanted to change euros to dirhams and it wasn't possible, even though they told me it was possible by email before our arrival. Lastly, one day we wanted to use the computer and the printer at the reception but they didn't work. Swimming pool was crowded and full of kids (would be good to set specific hours for only adults). Lastly, avoid thgis hotel if your are looking for visiting the city centre, it takes more than 30 minutes to get to the Ancient Medina.
So basically, good hotel for locals and families. Very poor service for Europeans.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pablo Y

Dear Pablo Y, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments here on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate it when someone takes the time to give us their feedback, as this enables us to know if we are maintaining our standards or not, and thus, helps us to improve. However, based on your relatively low rating and problems mentioned on your feedback, we were concerned to read your disappointment regarding the poor service that you received. Accordingly please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences that you had experienced and for failing to meet your expectations, we have immediately addressed your negative comments to our concerned head of departments for their prompt action. Despite this, we are delighted to know that our comfortable and clean rooms stood out as a positive element in your stay with us. Our main aim is extending that quality of customer service that our guests expect, therefore we are keen to meet of even exceed your expectations on your next visit. We hope to be able to make up for this failure during a future stay.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

List of things not ok is long. Shower stinking because water not going away, housekeeping not able one single time to leave all in place (missing soap, missing towels), room not done at 4 pm (I should have asked to...), incredible poor quality of the restaurant (finding available food was like a bingo). Difficult to think about a next stay here!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Raouf B, General Manager at Hilton Tanger City Center Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Matteo_fontanella, Thank you for taking to the time and sharing your review here on Hilton Tanger City Center Hotel & Residences TripAdvisor page. We really do aim to deliver the very best of experiences to all of our guests, and we are extremely disappointed to hear that we failed to do so during your stay with us. We apologize that you were not impressed in all areas of your stay, especially the poor service that you received.The situations you have presented are certainly not representative the level of care we strive for, and are so often known for with our guests; We have addressed your feedback to our concerned heads of departments for their prompt actions. we sincerely hope none of the misgivings you experienced will hinder you from considering a repeat stay, and to give us an opportunity to win back your trust on our services on a future visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

First the good things - the best onion soup in La Kasbah restaurant I've had in years and a terrific view with really good service throughout the hotel; I watched this get built over the past years. The bad things - the rooftop pool is tiny, shallow and useless for all but children under three. Any room lower than fifth floor has no view at all. Parking, though good when you get in, entails complicated entry every time. All in all, an OK hotel but nowhere near as good as it should be, mainly because of the terrible pool - don't be fooled by the photos.

Room tip: A high floor room is a must.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Raouf B, General Manager at Hilton Tanger City Center Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear JonathanKingOfHits, Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us this constructive feedback on Hilton Tanger City Center Hotel & Residences TripAdvisor Page. We really appreciate it when someone takes the time to give us their feedback, as this enables us to know if we are maintaining our standards or not, and thus, helps us to improve. However, based on your relatively low rating and problems mentioned here. We were concerned to read your disappointment regarding the pool area. Accordingly please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences and for failing to meet your expectations. We have immediately addressed your negative comments to our concerned head of departments for their prompt action. Hope there is no negative impact left on your last stay and you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Tangier.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Stayed for 1 night on a recent business visit. Great modern and comfortable rooms. Lounge and pool area on 13th floor with nice atmosphere and great views. Good breakfast selection. Prices very moderate for a hotel of this category.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Raouf B, General Manager at Hilton Tanger City Center Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Kaichen88, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are glad to know you had a great stay with us, enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms and our exquisite ambiance at our rooftop pool area. Your feedback regarding the breakfast buffet is very appreciated; and will help us to improve each day the service that we provide to our guests, as we try to offer the best food in the best possible environment. Thank you for staying at the Hilton Tanger City Center Hotel & Residences and we hope that you will consider us on your next business trip!