Riad Kalaa(Rabat)
USD 120
USD 338
USD 275
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 November 2014

It is quite an old hotel, but recently decorated and clean. I paid 125dh for a simple room with a washbasin and bidet. The shower cost 10dh. There is a very pleasant courtyard area and restaurants in the street outside. Wifi is free. A little English is spoken at reception.My room was cleaned every day

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Meriyn
Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

We booked a double room with the bathroom for 1night.Price is ok for eu standards but not that cheap compared to much better riads in Morocco. Toilet was dirty and there were some brown traces on the wall...even after telling them to clean nothing really happened.Wifi didnt work well and they even complained that we left early in the morning without telling before.No more there.Check the linen before taking the room, I am pretty sure they dont really change them for new arrivals. Good luck.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Micol P
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

What seemed to be a pleasant hotel turned out to be a somewhat different experience. we took a room without shower for 166 MAD which was reasonable. the man nehind the desk was ok but didnt like my attempts to get a better price. when we got back to the hotel after visiting the medina there was a different guy (older man). When we noticed the toilets on the first floor where completely clogged i went down to let the guy know. He simply shrugged and let me know that i had to take a different toilet. that one was quite dirty as well but anyway...then we wanted to take a shower, which turned out to cost an extra 20 MAD per person but they hadnt told us about this when we asked about the price for the room.i went back again to complain and again the guy told me that this was normal and if i had any kind of complaint, i just had to go looking for another hotel. when i told him i didnt want this he simply ignored me and got back to his administrative task he was doing. Back in the room we discovered there was only one pillow in the (double) room. Well...the guy again told me there was only one pillow and he was not going to give me another one. "Did you see the room before booking it?" "Yes" "well then its your problem" this really pushed me over the edge and i decided to follow up on his advice about seeking a different hotel. i walked out on bare feet, went straight into the hotel next door where they told me we were welcome and they did not have any tricks like this. when we got our bags and anmounced that we were going, the guy wanted us to pay him. when i refused this he asked me if i wanted him to hit me. this was really the limit and we just walked out. i strongly advise not gping here because if this is the kind of people a hotel employs...well you know what i mean.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Vincent123123
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Good location, rooms simple but clean. We stayed only one night there but what I remembered the most was the receptionist - very nice and friendly - one of the few men in Morocco that offered his help to put on our backpacks:)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I went for a few days of backpacking with a buddy around Morocco and we thought this hotel was perfect for what we wanted - mainly cheap and centrally located. This hotel satisfied both. Sharing a room with two twin beds was cheaper than our last hostel, so we thought it was a good deal. Very close to train station and very easy to find. Location is excellent, security is as expected, beds were maybe less than average (but clean!) and the bathroom was good. We appreciated the hot water! It was challenging that the hotel did NOT have maps of the area, and the only place the receptionist could suggest was closed for a few hours - more hours than we wanted to waste inside the hotel! We just walked in and negotiated a room - do not book online as it is way more expensive.

Essentially, perfect for budget travelers and backpackers. Comfortable for what we expected.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends