All reviews train station complimentary water and soda spoke arabic cooked salads museum of contemporary art french and english great rooftop traditional moroccan dishes old fashion modern hotel top floor minute walk short stay great dinner within walking distance mint tea beds were comfortable
Reviewed 2 April 2017

A bit worn and not the cleanest but adequate for a night. The breakfast and restaurant were good and the staff nice. It is close to shops and a safe area.There are other eateries and shops within walking distance. We felt completely safe as well.

Room Tip: do not saty on the street side
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bstdflsh
Reviewed 7 March 2017

We stayed here for our 1st night of a 9 night tour of Morocco. We didn't know what to expect, as it was the first hotel we'd ever stayed in, in Morocco, or Africa. To give it some credit. It was a good hotel. Clean/spacious rooms with very friendly staff, limited in amenities however. The hotel design was a little bit bland, and the location wasn't amazing... but not bad. You do need to catch a cab to get anywhere from here, however it's only a 5-10 minute cab ride to see the main areas of Rabat.

Not knowing what to expect in Morocoo, we were happy with our first night here. The food was excellent at the hotel, as we had dinner here, and a scrumptious breakfast. Would've rated this hotel higher if the location was a bit more central.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom E
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for our 1st night of a 9 night tour of Morocco. We didn't know what to expect, as it was the first hotel we'd ever stayed in, in Morocco, or Africa for that matter. It didn't disappoint. It was a solid hotel... With clean rooms, and friendly staff. The hotel design was a bit bare bones... And the location wasn't as great as we would've liked. Needed to catch a cab go anywhere worth seeing. But we weren't very far from the main area of the city.

Not knowing what to expect in Morocco, we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of this, our first hotel, and quite happy with the food, as we had dinner at the hotel, and a scrumptious breakfast. Would've rated this hotel higher if the location was a bit more central.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank enjoyinglife1981
Reviewed 19 February 2017

The hotel is a bit worn but the staff is nice and the hotel serves great food including an excellent breakfast buffet. The hotel is just a block from the train station and Ave Mohammed V., and the Mohammed Museum and the Assounna Mosque are close by.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dave_in_Reno
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Stayed here recently for the first night of an 8 day Moroccan tour. I initially raised an eyebrow at the location (wasn't bad, just wouldn't have been my first choice), but I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel.

The hotel itself is on the smaller side at only 6 floors high, and reminds you of the modern boutique-style with some European flair. The staff was very friendly and hospitable, we were greeted with delicious mint tea and various cookies/pastries. Upon delivering my luggage to my room,the porter even checked all of the outlets in my room to make sure my adapter would work. My group gathered on the top floor for a welcome reception with a nice spread and a gorgeous view of the city of Rabat, then back downstairs for a mouth-watering dinner of traditional Moroccan dishes including tagines of beef and fish, seasoned couscous, cucumber and beet salads, and more.

The rooms are clean and comfortable, just large enough for 2 people with extra large twin beds, closet with safe, and bathroom with large tub. My room on the 3rd floor overlooked a side street, which was slightly noisy at night, since all the cabs seemed to gather there, but once I was asleep it didn't matter.

The hotel also offers a bar/smoking lounge on the 2nd level, which is open until just about midnight...playing a sassy soundtrack of smooth R&B and serving top shelf liquor. If you want to explore the nightlife, it'll cost you about $50 US round-trip for a cab into the club district, where we opted for a hookah lounge...nice vibe and live music.

I didn't know what to expect from the Belere, but having stayed here for just one night, I would likely do so again if I ever found myself in Rabat again in the future.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the city on an upper floor
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends