See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Property located on the 5th floor of a building right by the Rabat metro. A block away from Muhammad V and about 4 blocks from Rabat's Medina. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby.

Our room (#10) was small and the bathroom even smaller. I large person would not fit in that bathroom. The room was clean (considering its age) but the worse of the experience was that without A/C we had a hot and noisy night. On the positive in that room there was a strong WiFi signal. It might be an ok place to crash in for the night if nothing else.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Orlando I
Reviewed 18 April 2015

I'm a Peace Corps volunteer, living and working in Morocco. The several times that I've had to stay overnight in Rabat, I kept my fingers crossed hoping there was a room available at Velleda (I think it was the staff that sold it to me - Mohammed & the entire housekeeping staff are wonderful!). The hotel is very conveniently located, right around the corner from the Rabat Ville train station. There's also a cafe right next to the street entrance of Velleda and a legit convenience store on the other side. The rooms are kept tidy and clean. Same with the bathrooms. The wi-fi is solid and every room that I've been in has a TV and desk. Couldn't ask for anything else! Definitely worth every dirham.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2015

I came to Rabat for some medical work (I am currently living in Ghana and Rabat is far superior) and the organization I work for put in this hotel. There is running water, western style toilets, television, a wardrobe, and actually hot water. There is not heater (not sure about A/C), but there are plenty of blankets. It is also really clean from what I can tell. It is walking distance from a lot of good food and most of the sites (some of them are long walks, but why not) and close to a tram stop. I think all around its nice.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank remory33
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I travel to Morocco regularly and ALWAYS stay at the Hotel Velleda. The entire staff knows me and treats me like family. The reasonably spacious rooms are very comfortable (some have large windows with mini balconies overlooking the busy thoroughfare), the location is excellent (right by the main train station and within walking distance of the Medina), plenty of cafes and other eateries and markets around with friendly staff. The rooms have TV, private bath with shower, toilet, hot water, and soap and towels provided. The staff always helps me with my bags when I arrive. There's also free internet but I use my own. You can arrive at any hour and the staff will greet you. Here you will feel safe and well cared for. I've had a couple of minor issues while traveling and the staff have always been ready and willing to help me in any way. Very safe and affordable. I love the Hotel Velleda and wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else in Rabat.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the street side are a bit quieter but I prefer the hustle and bustle!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank usaPERRY
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife and I spent 2 nights in this very nice hotel. It met our key criterion: location, cleanliness, competent staff, and quiet.
It is conveniently located (it is near the Train Station”Rabat ville”, close to tramway Station “La gare Rabat Ville”
The rooms are clean and nicely furnished.
Staff is very helpful and polite....".
There is free wireless internet.
A good price ~ 200 dh for one person and 250 dh for 2 persons (200dh ~ 19 Euro , 250 dh ~ 25 Euro).
Breakfast 30dh ~ 3 Euro for one Person.
Hotel Number : +212 537769531/+212537769532