See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 November 2012

A really nice small Riad located in perfect place in Medina, close to everything. We had a suite with bedroom, sitting room, hall and bathroom of course, a little special because the Riad was 120 years old. Owner and his family were very nice too, helpfully. We could not find to Riad so we had to call and the
owner came to fetch us and show us also, where we can park free without problems. Upon arriving at the Rad we were invited to Berber whiskey and coffee. We ate dinner there too and we could decide what we want to eat. The
breakfast was really good also so everything was just perfect. The only thing I
lacked was the coat hanger and in the bathroom was nothing I could hang towels etc. But it did not matter much anyway. I can only recommend this nice Riad to all.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2008

Agreable and very convenient! Excellent price/ quality ratio!

Anouar El Filali is a very professional and hospitable owner and manager. He was always ready to give us the best tips and help to discover Meknes and its surroundings.

My sister and I spent a wonderful time in this Riad and I am sure we will stay there again in case we go back to Meknes as we felt at home as soon as we got there! Besides the place is 2 minutes walk from El Hedim square and 4 minutes walk to Bab Mansour the entrance to the old Medina, very convenient to reach the nearby touristic areas and taxis and yet very calm at night!

We highly recommend this Riad!

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 11 October 2008

My wife and three year old daughter stayed in the suite here and had an exceptional experience. The owner, his family, and staff were extremely welcoming, the food was delicious, and the location ideal within the medina was easy to find as well as quiet and peaceful. The owner went so far as to drive us to and from the train station. We also paid him a modest sum to take drive us to Volubulis and Moulay Idriss. Our favorite riad in Morocco. Highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank w0rldtraveler1000
Reviewed 31 December 2007

We stayed two night is this recently renovated riad. As we were the only guests we had the whole riad just for ourselves. It has two nice simple single rooms and one funky suite. All rooms are clean and nice and have simple furninshing. The common area is brilliant. We were picked up in the train station and later taken back there. Service is also great as the housekeeper lives on the top floor of the riad. Breakfast was the best we had in Morocco - they even went to buy crossaints just before the breakfast so they would be fresh and hot for us.

The riad is in the medina, just one minute walk from the main mosque and hammam and 5-10 minutes to all other main tourist attractions.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kairo
Reviewed 15 July 2007

When my husband & I decided on a weekend getaway to Meknes, I contacted Meknes' 2 flashiest & most expensive riads as well as the Riad Filalia - the new kid on the block. Of the 3, the Filalia was the only one to return my email and, at several hundred dirhams a night less than its competitors, we're glad they did. A family-run riad, its four rooms are tastefully decorated and provided a cool oasis from Meknes' 40 degree heat wave. Located just steps off of the Place el-Heddim, you feel like you're off the beaten path but within a stone's throw of everything. The owner, his wife and their staff were gracious and helpful but mindful of our privacy. Breakfast was included and although simple - Moroccan bread, jam, eggs and tea/coffee - was served in the riad's gorgeous atrium. We both highly recommend this delightful riad.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple