1,396 results
All reviews couscous mobile phone zebra suite panthere suite honeymoon suite private rooftop terrace atlas mountains an oasis every guest home away from home rose petals restaurant recommendations four nights day trip public areas beautiful room visiting marrakech
Reviewed 18 June 2012

From the moment we arrived in Marrakech the transfer was seamless including a walk through the souk with Cous-cous, the donkey, who carried our luggage. The Riad is truly a sanctuary in the middle of the chaos that is Marrakech. The standard and decor are first class. More importantly, its like a home from home. Both Ariane and Damien instantly made us feel at home, the staff were really friendly and attentive. Damien couldn't be more helpful, and had some great suggestions for dinner and must-see's in Marrakech, arranging a lot of stuff for us 'on the hoof'. He went beyond the call of duty on several occasions and arranged two really romantic dinners for my wife and I at La Sultana terrace restaurant and Cafe de la Poste. At the end of our stay we felt like we were leaving friends, not a hotel.

On a more practical note the Riad is really quite close to the souks and Medina, approximately 10-15mins walk, which is interesting in its own right. It looks daunting trying to negotiate this the first time, but once you've got it - piece of cake. I always felt safe there, even late at night, but like anywhere in the world you have to keep you wits about you.

The rooms were amazing, we stayed in the elephant and Camel suites. Very large, impressively decorated, and a cool relaxed place to wind down after the souks.

Both Ariane and Damien are extremely kind, helpful and very well connected - Just ask them and they will know the best way.

We'll be back...

Room Tip: The Elephant and Camel Suites where excellent.
2  Thank jwmccormick
Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed at Riad Noire D'Ivoire for five days having climbed Mt Toukbal in the High Atlas prior to this. Previous reviewers have already written just praise for the Riad which we would definitely agree with and no need to repeat etc. For the start of our stay Ariane looked after us and then latterly Damien. Both could not have been more helpful; we had an amazing level of service from each of them and their staff. Ariane had prior to our arrival been invaluable in helping to book things such as a 1/2 days horse riding in the Palm Groves ( not as idyllic as it might sound but still a lovely thing to do if you have time or the inclination). Enjoyed a cookery class at nearby Maison D'Arbe which would also recommend. Aperitifs by the pool and very tasty dinners very memorable and suppose you could do a lot worse than stay at base in the evenings. For a change though would recommend ( Ariane's recommendation) food stall Number 1 in the main square in the evening. The resident house cats were lovely too, especially the black one! On a general note we found Marakesh a great place to visit although getting taxis tedious in that unlike the guidebooks suggestion of them using the meter ( always refused) you had to barter, would suggest most trips could be got for 30 Dirhams. Also never engage in conversation with apparently innocent and helpful locals in the Souk giving you directions especially after dark. We had one who sent us the wrong way and who then suddenly re-appeared and showed us the way ( via and on hindsight a convoluted route). We thanked him but he wanted a "gift" and pushed me several times after I declined and asked if I "wanted trouble". Fortunately two local good Samaritans intervened.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Nos6
Reviewed 16 June 2012

What a fab place,from the moment we were picked up from the airport, I cannot fault this lovely place.
Cous cous the donkey was waiting for us. The little walk through the streets of Marrakech to get to the Riad is a eye opener, To this wonderful city.On arrival at the Riad we were greeted by Damien and Arianne, who were wonderful. Full of information, nothing was to much trouble. We stayed in the Panther master suite and it was Amazing.Our terrace was Fab, complete with whirlpool.
Wonderful staff.Beautiful Riad. We will be back.

Room Tip: Panther Master suite, Highly recommended.
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Stayed here with my wife and we loved it. From the staff to the food and the amenities absolutely fantastic. As others have mentioned this place will exceed your expectations in every way.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The accommodation and service by far exceeded our expectations. Damien & Ariane are such gracious and lovely hosts. The moment we arrived at the Riad we were greeted by Damien who is a wealth of discernible knowledge on every thing pertaining to Marrakech. From restaurants to shopping, to sightseeing his great foresight was always spot on - he spent time with every guest making sure all their needs were being catered for.

The staff in the Riad are polite and friendly and the service seemless, they will appear just at the appropriate moment.

Noir d'Ivoire is very chic and a well designed Riad - it has so many nooks to retreat to to read a book in peace and quiet. The rooms are very beautifully designed and well appointed, looking over the internal courtyard, I had the most restful nights sleep here, considering the Riad is in a busy Medina it was surprisingly quiet.

I can not fault this place which is really surprising as I normally do with most places I stay at.
I will most definetely recommend this place to anyone I know who is travelling to Marrakech and I hope anyone reading this will not hesitate to book Noir d'Ivoire upon reading this.

Room Tip: The suites are very comfortable and a great place to retreat to after spending your day sightseeing or in the souks. Some of the suites even have their own private hot tub.
1  Thank Cosmopolite68