“The BEST Riad!”

and 1 more site!
Riad Noir d'Ivoire
Ranked #8 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This was my first time staying in Marrakech and the Noir D’Ivoire riad has made the trip perfect. The riad was beautiful, decorated with local artefacts. The riad has only 9 rooms, so it has a private house feel, very homey and relaxing. The place is very clean, and with great attention to details. The real differentiator were Ariane and Damien, who manage the riad together, they were absolutely amazing, and made us feel at home right from the moment we arrived. When we were with them, we didn’t have to worry about anything! From the stress free airport transfer, to the lovely breakfast, fun day time activities, spas, excursions and perfect tables for dinners, they have thought of everything and constantly spoil us with amazing surprises! The staffs at the riad were also warm and welcoming; everyone tries their best to make our stay as lovely as possible. In the middle of the riad there is a lovely pool and it’s lovely to have dinner around. The riad also has another pool, but as it’s not heated, it’s too cold to swim in as we went in Feb. However, it was still really lovely to sit by the pool next to the wall waterfall feature at night. The riad also has its own wine cellar and cigar room. We have stayed in the Elephant suite and it was lovely and spacious. The round bath tub was beautiful. The high light was the balcony, which looks out to the centre of the riad, of the pool and the large chandelier. It’s the perfect place to read a book at the early evening. The service at this riad is simply beyond first class!

1  Thank Hazehail
Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed 23 February 2012

This was my first Moroccan riad and I had no idea what to expect from it, which probably confused proprietors of the place - I did not know how to judge the perfection, I simply haven't been at a place like this. Only when I saw what other luxury properties look like I understood how far above everything else in Morocco Noir d'Ivoire was. Photos on the website give only tiny glimpse into the full experience.

Noir d'Ivoire is not exactly a Moroccan property (just look at the name ;-) - Jill, the owner, has seen lots of the world (which sure is basis for many great conversations), and she definitely transformed that knowledge into this property - everything was just the way it was supposed to be.

I especially liked the contemporary/african/moroccan design fusion - interior was extremely tasteful and pleasing the eye.

24/7 breakfast is best invention since sliced bread, and low surcharge liquor is a good deal too :) Local chef prepared great meal, although there're some great a-la-carte places around too.

One of major things to understand about this place is that Marrakech is a place where all senses are saturated - and whenever one is fed up with that for the day, riad provides great escape not only from the outer world but Marrakech itself.

Service was top notch - for eight or so rooms I counted more than 20 staff - all of them extremely helpful and nice. Every wish is being executed upon within seconds, and this service quality is beyond other Morocco luxury experiences.

I greatly recommend this place, and I'd visit it myself, if I had a way to fly to Marrakech without layovers and train transfers. It is a remarkable place even if you don't want to go outside.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Domas
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife and I have stayed here three times now and each time have grown to love the place more. Ariane and Damien and the excellent staff make us feel truly at home. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank kebl2174
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I chose riad noir, after much research through the Internet , finding the best place to stay for my husband's surprise trip to Marrakech. Even before we arrived, I emailed the Riad, to make bookings for restaurants and suggestions of what to do. My first email was replied to within 30 mins, with great suggestions and ideas. After reading all the reviews I was extremely excited .
I was not disappointed at all, in fact it was more that I was expecting.

We stayed at the guepard suite and it was magnificent so say the least, with a open fireplace, a separate lounge, private roof terrace and jacuzzi and a very. Very Comfortable bed.

Arianna and Damian and the staff are simply amazing, they made us feel so comfortable during our stay. No request was too much.

Don't think words themselves can truly reflect this amazing place with first class service.

I look forward to our next visit to Marrackech and this time, there will not be any need to do any research on accommodation , as nothing will ever compare to this place with its excellent team.

2  Thank ShakiraO
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We got back from Marrakech and the Riad Noir d'Ivoire yesterday and we are already missing the place terribly! We have done quite a bit of travelling but have never felt the need to write a review on Trip Advisor until now and I am sure that I won't be able to do the place the justice it deserves with my writing either, however I will try!

I knew our stay in Marrakech was going to be amazing after first stepping inside the Riad and being greeted by Damien. We were welcomed and taken to the rooftop terrace for our first mint tea of many whilst the staff ensured that our bags got safely to our room. We stayed in the junior suite Renard des Sables which was beautifully decorated and had a seriously comfy bed and a lovely view out onto the main courtyard of the Riad below.

The entire Riad was beautiful and such a lovely place to relax after a busy day shopping in the Medina, my favourite place was on the cosy sofa next to the open fire with Piggy (an extremely friendly cat) curled up next to me!

Nothing was too much trouble for either Damien or Ariane to sort out for us. On our first day Damien sat down with us and ensured that we were equiped with a map of Marrakech and marked out must see points of interest and the best cafes and restaurants to visit. We were also given a mobile phone to use if we needed to contact the Riad at any point whilst we were out (we only needed this once and that was to book ourselves into the Riad's spa for a hammam!)

We happened to be there for Valentine's day and we decided to stay in and eat at the Riad. Ariane and Damien ensured that we had a little table set up in front of the fire and covered it in rose petals and the food was gorgeous, traditional Moroccan. It felt as though we were in our own beautiful private villa, a perfect Valentine's day meal!

Breakfast each morning was something I looked forward to, sat on the rooftop with the Moroccan sun, blue skies and outline of the Atlas mountains is something I'm seriously missing! Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit and yoghurt, a selection of pancakes, cake and fresh breads with coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice! Very nice start to the day!

There are plenty of things to do in Marrakech and whatever it is you decide upon - Ariane or Damien will help arrange it for you. I can't sing their praises highly enough, the whole team were part of the best and friendliest service I have ever experienced.

From the moment I contacted the Riad to check availability and I spoke with Ariane the whole process has been so easy and friendly. I would whole-heartedly recommend anyone who is thinking about a trip to Marrakech to stay at the Riad Noir d'Ivoire, we've had the best time and hope very much to return sometime in the future!

Jen and John