1,395 results
All reviewscouscousmobile phonezebra suitepanthere suitehoneymoon suiteprivate rooftop terraceatlas mountainsan oasisevery guesthome away from homerose petalsrestaurant recommendationsfour nightsday trippublic areasbeautiful roomvisiting marrakech
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This was my first Moroccan riad and I had no idea what to expect from it, which probably confused proprietors of the place - I did not know how to judge the perfection, I simply haven't been at a place like this. Only when I saw what other luxury properties look like I understood how far above everything else in Morocco Noir d'Ivoire was. Photos on the website give only tiny glimpse into the full experience.

Noir d'Ivoire is not exactly a Moroccan property (just look at the name ;-) - Jill, the owner, has seen lots of the world (which sure is basis for many great conversations), and she definitely transformed that knowledge into this property - everything was just the way it was supposed to be.

I especially liked the contemporary/african/moroccan design fusion - interior was extremely tasteful and pleasing the eye.

24/7 breakfast is best invention since sliced bread, and low surcharge liquor is a good deal too :) Local chef prepared great meal, although there're some great a-la-carte places around too.

One of major things to understand about this place is that Marrakech is a place where all senses are saturated - and whenever one is fed up with that for the day, riad provides great escape not only from the outer world but Marrakech itself.

Service was top notch - for eight or so rooms I counted more than 20 staff - all of them extremely helpful and nice. Every wish is being executed upon within seconds, and this service quality is beyond other Morocco luxury experiences.

I greatly recommend this place, and I'd visit it myself, if I had a way to fly to Marrakech without layovers and train transfers. It is a remarkable place even if you don't want to go outside.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Domas
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife and I have stayed here three times now and each time have grown to love the place more. Ariane and Damien and the excellent staff make us feel truly at home. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank kebl2174
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I chose riad noir, after much research through the Internet , finding the best place to stay for my husband's surprise trip to Marrakech. Even before we arrived, I emailed the Riad, to make bookings for restaurants and suggestions of what to do. My first email was replied to within 30 mins, with great suggestions and ideas. After reading all the reviews I was extremely excited .
I was not disappointed at all, in fact it was more that I was expecting.

We stayed at the guepard suite and it was magnificent so say the least, with a open fireplace, a separate lounge, private roof terrace and jacuzzi and a very. Very Comfortable bed.

Arianna and Damian and the staff are simply amazing, they made us feel so comfortable during our stay. No request was too much.

Don't think words themselves can truly reflect this amazing place with first class service.

I look forward to our next visit to Marrackech and this time, there will not be any need to do any research on accommodation , as nothing will ever compare to this place with its excellent team.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShakiraO
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We got back from Marrakech and the Riad Noir d'Ivoire yesterday and we are already missing the place terribly! We have done quite a bit of travelling but have never felt the need to write a review on Trip Advisor until now and I am sure that I won't be able to do the place the justice it deserves with my writing either, however I will try!

I knew our stay in Marrakech was going to be amazing after first stepping inside the Riad and being greeted by Damien. We were welcomed and taken to the rooftop terrace for our first mint tea of many whilst the staff ensured that our bags got safely to our room. We stayed in the junior suite Renard des Sables which was beautifully decorated and had a seriously comfy bed and a lovely view out onto the main courtyard of the Riad below.

The entire Riad was beautiful and such a lovely place to relax after a busy day shopping in the Medina, my favourite place was on the cosy sofa next to the open fire with Piggy (an extremely friendly cat) curled up next to me!

Nothing was too much trouble for either Damien or Ariane to sort out for us. On our first day Damien sat down with us and ensured that we were equiped with a map of Marrakech and marked out must see points of interest and the best cafes and restaurants to visit. We were also given a mobile phone to use if we needed to contact the Riad at any point whilst we were out (we only needed this once and that was to book ourselves into the Riad's spa for a hammam!)

We happened to be there for Valentine's day and we decided to stay in and eat at the Riad. Ariane and Damien ensured that we had a little table set up in front of the fire and covered it in rose petals and the food was gorgeous, traditional Moroccan. It felt as though we were in our own beautiful private villa, a perfect Valentine's day meal!

Breakfast each morning was something I looked forward to, sat on the rooftop with the Moroccan sun, blue skies and outline of the Atlas mountains is something I'm seriously missing! Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit and yoghurt, a selection of pancakes, cake and fresh breads with coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice! Very nice start to the day!

There are plenty of things to do in Marrakech and whatever it is you decide upon - Ariane or Damien will help arrange it for you. I can't sing their praises highly enough, the whole team were part of the best and friendliest service I have ever experienced.

From the moment I contacted the Riad to check availability and I spoke with Ariane the whole process has been so easy and friendly. I would whole-heartedly recommend anyone who is thinking about a trip to Marrakech to stay at the Riad Noir d'Ivoire, we've had the best time and hope very much to return sometime in the future!

Jen and John

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 30 January 2012

You simply MUST stay at Riad Noir D'Ivoire if you are planning to visit Marrakech. From the moment you are collected from the airport to when you meet CousCous (The Best Donkey in Marrakech) who acts as your porter, you know you have arrived somewhere simply incredible.

If you can, snap a quick picture of CousCous, while your bags are being loaded up into the little wagon attached to his harness and you're off into the crazyness that is the Medina. We weren't quite prepared for just how intense this main street is! Making our way through the maze and the throng of people we suddenly arrived at a beautifully ornate door, step through we know we've arrived into an oasis of calm away from the hustle and bustle of the Medina.

The manager Damian showed us around the Riad and lead us upstairs to the roof terrace and offered ice cold beers while we waited for the bags to be brought to our room. When we were shown our room, Tourterelles, we are simply stunned by the richness of detail in which the room has been decorated. Damian was extremely helpful throughout our stay. From getting us familiarized with the map and how to find the Riad and points of interest, to organizing a day trip to the Atlas Mountains (highly recommend this!). Nice touches such as the use of a mobile phone and having a member of staff guide us out of the hotel were great ways to get orientated and being able to call Damien proved useful when a cooking class that we had organized ourselves failed to show up at the agreed meeting point. Nothing was ever too hard for Damian and the fantastic team at Noir D'Ivoire and they were always happy to serve with a smile.

We had two meals at the Riad and the food was fantastic. We had a Tagine of chicken with fresh salad and superb Moroccan wine. The second meal we had in our room was homemade Lasagna (cooked in a Tagine!), as we were too exhausted to go out after our trip to the Atlas Mountains. The gourmet breakfasts on the roof terrace were a highlight of the day and consisted of a range of fresh fruit, yoghurt, Moroccan pancakes, freshly squeezed orange juice and tea & coffee. We were also given a room upgrade to the Junior Suite 'Renard des Sables'. They even left a small Christmas present on our bed for Christmas Eve, which was a beautiful touch!

I would also add that Morocco is safe to travel to and people should not be discouraged at all. We felt safe at all times, were not hassled much, it is simply a wonderful place to experience!

In summary, we had an unforgettable stay at Riad Noir D'Ivoire and we could not flaw them in anyway. We are now dreaming of returning to Marrakech and oasis of Riad Noir D'Ivoire.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple