1,170 results
All reviews the main square atlas mountains day trip jemaa el orange juice tagine few minutes walk visit marrakech an oasis old city big square pancakes riad dar home from home rooftop terrace bahia palace heart of marrakech
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My brother and I (20 and 23 years old) returned to New York last night from a 2 week trip, where our first five nights were spent at the Dar Najat after having seen great reviews on TripAdvisor. We had an incredible time and can not thank Oliver (the owner) and his great team at the Riad more for making our trip perfect. It is 5 minutes to the main square and all of the action in Marrakech, it has the best food, best people and best views, and the staff will help plan your days, and even arrange day trips for a reasonable price when necessary.

First of all, the price can not be beat. The beautiful tiles, artwork, trees, roof terrace, views, and architecture at the riad make you feel like you're in a mansion made for Kings, with a staff of wonderful young locals who became our great friends very quickly. The staff could not do more for you, and you will not find this service anywhere for five times the price.

One night we spent as much money on dinner (for two) at a nearby restaurant as one night in the riad cost us, and the dinner was NOWHERE NEAR as good as the complementary dinner we received the fist night and opted for (and paid muchhhh less for) several nights. The food at the Riad was the best food we had in all of Marrakech, and was cooked by Leila, a very sweet and beautiful girl who works at the Dar Najat.

I could go on and on, bust I must get back to life in America now.

If you go to Marrakech, STAY AT THE RIAD DAR NAJAT!!!!

(Even if your budget allows for a hotel five times the price. Trust me.)

I must also mention that you will be especially lucky if Oliver's mother Claudine is hanging around at the riad during your trip. She is a lovely old French woman who sits around with her adorable little dog Marcel. She will be more than happy to engage in conversation with you, and is very sweet and has a great sense of humor.

Room tip: We stayed in the Noura Room, one of the cheapest two rooms. It had two twin beds that were good enough for good nights' sleep, and had nice decor.
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Oliver, Amin, Tarek and Said all made my stay (with wife & family) at Dar Najat over the New Year holiday absolutely unforgettable! Perfect location, funky Africa-themed decor, excellent food, unblemished hospitality....I could go on. Great music! 5 minute walk to a main souk area, 8 minutes to Jemaa el Fna square. I'm an expat living in Casablanca, and I'm so excited to know that whenever I go to Marrakech for the weekend I will already know where to stay...can't wait until next time :-)

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank PJ_lifeonthemove
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband and I have just returned from our New Years eve break. What a wonderful time we had. Oliver the owner and the staff could not do enough for us. We felt part of the family.
We will def be going back. Everything about this stay was perfect,the rooms were clean and very nicely decorated. room sevice when ever we wanted any drinks...food fab...breakfast with a smile.
The location is just a 5 min stroll to the main square. A must is the horse and carriage..what a way to see the town.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jane718
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I can only recommend you to stay and to experiment what is real retreat and peace in the middle of la Medina of Marrakesh. How lucky and spoiled you will be by staying at this unique place, with an amazing deco and the all staff always ready to help you on any of your requests.
But most of all, you will get the best service, always with a touching smile and the sweetest words. I really have to say that I was more than surprised but mesmerized by all the care I was given to. You will have spacious bedrooms, free drinks, best food, and great view from the top second terrace. What would you more?

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Xavier H
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at this exquisite little riad while in Marrakesh over New Years. The location was wonderful, beautifully decorated, clean, and quaint, close to the square, and the souks, but perhaps the best part of our stay was the incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Sayid and Tariq are just two among a group of people that work around the clock to make sure that you have the best stay every. Would highly recommend this riad to anyone!! (Would suggest that you have at least one meal here, as the riad makes an absolutely delicious dinner [book in the morning]).

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple