Riad Dar Najat
Official Site
Palais Sebban(Marrakech)
USD 92
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 170/night.

Riad Karmela(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
USD 206
USD 194
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 222/night.

Riad Kniza(Marrakech)
USD 291
USD 184
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 239/night.

USD 134
HotelsClick
  • Pool
USD 418
1,134 results
All reviewsthe main squarehis teamatlas mountainsday tripjemaa elfresh orange juicetaginequiet at nightfew minutes walkvisit marrakechan oasisriad darpancakesrooftop terraceold citybahia palaceheart of marrakech
Reviewed 24 May 2011

From the minute we booked this hotel we felt very welcome. The hotel arranged a complimentary transfer from the airport which was very much appreicated as it was a bit of a culture shock stepping off the plane for some of us.
The riad is lovely and situated only 5 mins walk from Jema El Fna square. Once inside it is hard to believe you are in the centre of a city - it was very private and peaceful which came as a welcome respite after the craziness of the souks and squares!
The staff were incredibly friendly, always on hand and really knowledgeable about the local area. They took us to the square on our first night so we could get our bearings - it was a bit of a maze along narrow alleyways and seemed very daunting at first but by the next morning we had remembered the route easily.
The bedrooms are basic but they are charming and authentically decorated and anyway, if you plan on spending a lot of time in your room then you really shouldn't be visiting Marrakech.
The roof terrace is a great feature and we had breakfast there every morning. From the top level you get a great rooftop view of the city. The breakfast was good - omelette, moroccan bread, apricot jam, lovely orange juice and coffee and as much as you wanted. They will also prepare dinner for guests if given advance notice. We didn't dine in but other guests we spoke to said it was very good. There is also a hot tub on the terrace although we didn't indulge as the weather wasn't quite warm enough in November! The days were warm but it got cold at night so remember to pack a jumper or two.
We were a group of six friends and thoroughly enjoyed our trip. We were pleased we'd opted for a traditional riad rather than a souless brand hotel and I'm sure our experience was all the better for that.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank pricey777
Reviewed 23 May 2011

OK this is my 3rd recommendation to this Riad but it is worth every single word to write about it again and again as it will offer the best services, the best food and hospitality you can find in Marrakesh. Olivier and his stuff are my family and I enjoy it every time I get around the last corner in the Medina before getting in to have this feeling to enter home!
The rooms are decorated with love and an eye for every single detail. Olivier cares a lot about you and supports every trip you want to do with tips and recommends. When you plan a trip ask him for his suggestions how to do! If you are bored by negotiating for every single step you do in Marrakesh, let the team organize your trips and you will get the service which is worth every Dirahm.
The stuff is amazing! Friendly, honest and always around with a smile, caring about you. Fantastic service, fantastic food prepared by my so called 'kitchen queens' will offer you the real Moroccan dishes even it is just a small snack!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank axel001
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Make sure you are fully aware of the cancellation policy of this Riad before you book! We cancelled at the last minute (we were literally boarding the plane on the 28th April when we heard about the terrorist bomb) and had expected some goodwill gesture given the situation.

However, the Riad took payment for the full amount that same day without even the courtesy of an email. They have refused to refund anything at all. The inference has been that we can afford to lose the money (which we can't). Other Riads we have stayed in only ask for a non returnable deposit before your stay - I certainly will never stay at any Riad/hotel which has such a rigid and unfair cancellation policy as Dar Najaat.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
26  Thank oraclegirl22
RiadDarNajat, Owner at Riad Dar Najat, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2011

Dear contributor,
The events that took place in Marrakech a few weeks ago were unexpected and tragic, to say the least. The staff and I are deeply moved by these events and our thoughts and wishes are with those who have been affected by this tragic episode.
However these events have in no way effeccted the day to day operation of Riad Dar Najat. Nor has it, in any way, altered the ability for us to provide our guests with the same exceptional service and experience that our guests have enjoyed for years leading up to this time. Essentially, we were fully prepared to welcome and cater to you, as we have hundreds of other guests over nearly the past decade. Ultimately it was your choice not to arrive at Riad Dar Najat for your visit that was originally planned (with booking confirmed) on the 19th December 2010.

Our cancellation policy is very clearly stated and was agreed upon by yourself at the time of booking. Though this should already be clearly understood by all: When potential guests make a reservation and reserve a room(s) with us, this means that the particular room is held for you and therefore, becomes unavailable for us to allow another potential guest to book the room during the period that you have booked it for. Like any other hotel, had we been given more notice of your cancellation, we could have been much more flexible with the percentage of deposit that we are able to return to you. However, given the drastically short notice that you provided to us regarding your cancellation, it would have been impossible for us to have another potential guest reserve the room. Essentially, due to the decision to cancel made solely by you at the last moment, and though no fault on our part whatsoever, the hotel would have been negatively impacted due to you, in essence, breaking your promise to us by not following through with your booking.

It is unclear how anyone in good conscience can "review" a hotel that they have no 1st hand knowledge of, particularly such a scathing review, due to a situation caused 100% by themselves and by not the hotel in any way. It is unfortunate that you have taken such a vindictive stance with this action, but such is life. I would like to remind you that we have offered you a sizeable discount on a future stay with us, should you decide to actually visit Marrakech in the future. As stated previously, our cancellation policy is clearly posted on our website and was also provided via email to you at the time of booking. Should you research other hotels' policies, you will discover that it is not unique or harsh in any way, and is very commonly employed world-wide in the hospitality industry. You say that you expected some goodwill gesture but you fail to mention the offer (we have made to you several times) of a 50% discount on your next booking, something we did not have to offer but we did as a goodwill gesture.
In truth we treat all our guests as friends, we have many guests who return to our riad year-after-year and are like members of our own family to us. We were really looking forward to welcoming you to our riad, not only did you decide not to come but you also turned down our goodwill gesture, how does that saying go, "You should be strong enough to accept the consequences of your own actions".
We wish you all the best in your future travels and hope that you do take us up on our offer to stay with us, at a greatly reduced rate, specially offered to you as a goodwill gesture in our private communications.
Best regards,Oliver.

Reviewed 13 May 2011

What can I say! Absolutely fantastic.I stayed in Riad Dar Najat for three nights in April having traveled up from Essaouira on the coast which was really beautiful. On arrival at Dar Najat I had a lovely cool beer on the terrace with Oliver the host who was fantastic throughout my stay. As for the Riad and staff , they were wonderful. Dar Najat is situated in a very quiet and relaxing part of the Medina only a few minutes walk from Jam El Fna.It was great to return to the peace and quiet of Dar Najat after a crazy but enjoyable morning in the Souk. One of the things I really liked about Dar Najat , since my old legs are not what they used to be was that after a hard days sightseeing in and around Marrakech you could get a taxi to drop you off virtually at the front door of the Riad. Some of the other Riads I had looked at involved a lot of walking and had poor vehicular access. The decor and the rooms in Dar Najat are excellent and the food is top notch.
I have no Hesitation in highly recommending Dar Najat and I will certainly be staying there on my next City break to Marrakech in the Summer.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank titianvs
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Loved my stay at Riad Dar Najat...it was perfect!!....everyone there was so friendly. Oliver and Amin were both very welcoming and I felt completely relaxed there. I was met at the airport and taken to the Riad in a taxi which was free of charge and on my arrival I was given a mobile and a short guide of Jemma Fna which I found a great help as it was my first visit to Marrakech. The bed was comfortable and the shower had plenty of instant hot water.The breakfast was excellent....more than I could eat!!
I also stayed for one night at Essaouira in the new Riad that Oliver and Amin have recently opened. Once again I was met on arrival and taken to the Riad. That evening I had an amazing freshly cooked fish tagine there and ate with Oliver and his friends and we had a great night...and good music too....Thank you!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo