All reviews roof terrace atlas mountains half hour walk four poster bed charming hotel traditional style tagine jemaa el fridge cereal gueliz square medina morocco taxis jams culture
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We booked this Hotel two days before we flew to Marrakesh and stayed for six nights The Hotel is in the new, modern part of Marrakesh called Gueliz. It is only a few minutes from modern high street shops and a shopping mall. You can walk to the Medina which takes about 1 hr or a 10 minute taxi ride which shouldn't cost more than 40 or 50 dirham.

The reception area is stunning. Beautiful in a Moroccan style ( shame the fountain was never on though! ) There is plenty of seating. very good wifi reception too. The swimming pool area seemed a little neglected. The loungers had no thick foam cushions on except two. And those two were ripped. The pool was extremely cold.
We had a look at the roof terrace and might have expected more but it was just a storing area with furniture stored away and laundry hanging out to dry.

Our room was nice with a double and a single bed. we also had a fridge, TV and air conditioning. Unfortunately the room had not been dusted for a while. The telephone especially was covered in thick dust. I ran my finger over it and it was still there until we left!! I didn't dare to check other places.
House keeping just changed towels, The beds weren;t made properly and my husband's pillow case was taken off but not replaced.

If you haven't booked breakfast you can pay 5 Euros and still enjoy breakfast. I thought the breakfast was really good but once we came down at 9 am and there was hardly anything left and I had to ask for cheese. Other items had also ran out. The coffee in the flasks were luke warm unfortunately. But the apple cake was very delicious.

Some of the staff were very friendly but some could have been a bit friendlier. The porter was very nice when he took our suitcases up but after that he barely looked at us.

I would have given this Hotel a higher rating if the room had been a bit cleaner.
I still enjoyed my stay even though I was woken up most nights with guests coming home at 2 am and talking, laughing and shouting loudly. I think management should have signs up asking guests to be quiet after a certain time.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ramley67
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Spent two nights here either side of a trek in the Atlas Mountains. Very efficient hotel - everything worked and the staff were attentive. Breakfast was fine - typical Moroccan buffet with bread, jams and pastries. Rooms are air conditioned and quiet enough. We had a 2nd floor room at the back, and a 4th floor room at the front. The room at the front had double glazing which meant we couldn’t hear any road noise from outside. Small swimming pool in the courtyard behind the hotel is a nice touch. It was very cold in late October, but that’s no surprise. 30 minute walk or 10 minute taxi to Diema Ef Fna and the medina. I wouldn’t describe it as a luxury hotel, but then it doesn’t claim to be. It’s clean, comfortable and a very good value base for exploring Marrakech.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Milton25
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with my daughter for a week half board. The room was good if a bit smaller than the photos suggested, but comfortable and air conditioned. The food was excellent, and we are vegetarian but nothing was too much trouble. Massive portions and delicious salads and tagines. The reception staff were very helpful, booking trips for us and very good humoured. The waiting staff were brilliant, welcoming and funny! They made our stay really special, it was a week we will never forget. I hope to return soon for another unforgettable stay.
Oh and the pool was great and a must in August heat.
Thank you all at Moroccan House!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

The lobby is so charming! Overall it's a nice hotel; the rooms are good, with more than enough space for 3 people; breakfast is self served and they have a great variety of food. The location is not so good for walking but it's easy and not expensive to get a cab for just about everywhere.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank pddi
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

An excellent hotel to not break the bank! Taxis ride to the medina is no more than 20 MAD and the wifi in the rooms is strong. Best breakfast served in all of Morocco from my experience and there is even a pool area! The lobby is also very beautiful and just a nice place to sit and relax. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends