“Beautiful embroidery woven by beautiful women”
Review of Al Nour

Al Nour
Ranked #16 of 156 Shopping in Marrakech
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

In the heart of Marrakech you can find this small social enterprise just off of the Medina. This architecture has a slight modern European feel and is surprising clean while decorated with beautiful textiles of different embroidered clothing and more. Watching the talented ladies, who happen to be physically handicapped, beautifully craft and embroider was amazing to witness. I even bought a handbag and a silk dress! As I learned more about the women, it was great to know that my purchase was helping these women in a variety of ways such as having a day care for their children and provide health care. I have been and will continue to recommend this shop to anyone who's traveling to Marrakech to stop by and take a look at this beautiful and unique shop!

1  Thank emoon02
"company"
"colour"
"medina"

Reviewed 15 March 2017

The Al Nour store is a wonderful experience. It is small but has a great selection of on site handmade clothing. The clothing is beautiful and colorful. The employees were lovely to interact with and were very helpful in my search for the right clothes in the right sizes. Furthermore, the employees making the clothing were lovely and welcoming to me and my tour as we learned about the organization. Truly a great experience

1  Thank Noah R
Reviewed 12 December 2016

We stumbled across the shop Al Nour by sheer accident and were attracted by the beautiful items on display so we decided to come back as the store was closed for the lunch break.
They carry men and women’s outfits and a lot of accessories along with other items and it is the perfect place if you want to buy some quality gifts for your friends or yourself; cotton, pashmina and lines are top quality (hard to find in the Suq) and the embroidery are simple, nice and elegant.
The items are not cheap for sure and prices are not for the haggling!
This place also employs 24 disabled women, and offers them training, retirement and health care along with a safe, clean and warm environment where they can work and keep their children at the same time.
They also take orders for custom made items but this will require some previous notice.
Staff is nice and they turned the whole place upside down and inside out to find my size!
Definitely worth a visit and, in my personal opinion, the best place I have visited during my stay in Marrakech.

4  Thank Marco S
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I stumbled across the shop, Al Nour, as I was making my somewhat lost way to the huge square in Marrakesh from a different route than I usually took. The elegant window display drew me inside, where I discovered items, both clothing and housewear, made with quality fabrics, and embroidered with great taste. Not only was I delighted to find fine cottons and linens (they're hard to find in the souks), but I learned that the store trains and employs disabled women to do the work. What a perfect combination. I gladly bought a beautiful shirt of light silky cotton which will accompany me on my future travels to warm countries.

2  Thank 327Jill