Riad 72
USD 1,182*
USD 1,134*
USD 509*
Cancelon
All reviewskarma suitebanana treesroof terraceclassic roomwooden ceilingmobile phonesecurity guardmint teaan oasisdeluxe roomdar el bachathought of everythingtaxi standatlas mountainshammam and massageevery morningwonderful stay
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We have just returned from a fantastic stay ay Riad 72. It is a beautiful riad with elegant rooms and the most helpful staff, especially Rashid and the brilliant cook, Fatima. Our room was split onto two levels and was gorgeous with a huge bathroom. We also had easy access to the roof terrace which is a real highlight - as the riad only has 4 rooms it was never busy and watching the sun set every night in the comfortable seating area with a drink in hand will be one of our fondest memories. We ate at the riad on the first night and found Fatima's cooking and the intimate atmosphere just perfect. On the following 2 nights Rashid subtly persuaded us to cancel reservations we had made based on our review of the guidebook and we had 2 wonderful meals as a result - he knows his stuff! Nothing was too much trouble for all of the staff and we would recommend the riad without any hesitation at all. Marrakech and Riad 72 exceeded all our expectations.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Riad 72 plays its role on the multicultural contemporary Marrakech life.
A traditional riad with a touch of some international interior design pieces mixed with Moroccan average quality crafts, it's a good setting for guests looking for some sort of exotic place to stay in the Medina area.
In my opinion, the true value of Riad 72 it's his team of friendly Moroccan members leaded by Emanuella, an Italian expat.
Staying for seven nights as a single guest, I could enjoy the company of Rachid and Aziz in particular, both of them always available to chat or to help.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Set in the heart of Marrakech, this Riad is probably one of the best! From stepping off the aircraft, the staff at Riad 72 were there to help and assist. Driven to the Riad and navigated through the hussle and bussle of this fantastic city, the staff here arranged everything.

Greeted by Rashid, with green tea and home made butter biscuits, we were soon shown around this most impressive building. From the beautiful interior garden and grand living area to the most magnificent roof terrace with spectacular views of the Atlas Mountain ranges.

We were lucky enough to have the room with the mezzanine. Beautiful big bed and exquisite bed linen, made for a very comfortable nights sleep. The house keeper was superb also, with clean towels every day and bed linen changed on a regular basis. This room also has private access to the roof terrace from the bathroom, although not warm enough for us to take some sun, we still enjoyed watching the sun go down with a nice bottle of red on an evening.

We arranged dinner in advance on our first night, and left this in the capable hands of Fatima, who whipped up orange soup, two tagines and poached pairs. Delicious! Would recommend eating in the Riad during your stay. Be sure to give your order at breakfast. We often left the decision up the Fatima, as whatever she was cooking that day was fantastic. Try the Moroccan salads!!

As for breakfast, we spent a good hour or so eating breakfast in the serene setting of the garden. Fatima, cooking pancakes, Moroccan (what I can only describe as crumpets) cakes in butter and honey and omelets, all served with warm crusty breads and pastry's and of course Fatima's homemade preserves. What more can you ask for before a day in the city.

Rashid was most helpful during our stay. As this was our first visit to Marrakech, it was wonderful to have him at hand in the evening. Guiding us through the map and pointing out the places to see and visit.

Fatima, Rashid and all the other staff at this Riad were wonderful, we can't thank them enough for making our stay so comfortable. Thanks to Emanuella for organising the transfer and the evening meal on our first night and for all her help during our week in Marrakech.

Room Tip: If you can, choose the Suite. Although our room was magnificent, the suite looked incredible!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Riad 72 is just the place to stay at when visiting Marrakech. Close to everything and the best terrace in town. The staff is so friendly and helpful and the meals are just wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I travelled to Marrakech for the first time on my own over Christmas 2011. Stayed for 3 nights. As a single female (blond) traveller I was quite nervous about being there on my own (having read the 2 page advisory in Lonely Planet), and I was completely taken care of by Emanuella and her team. They arranged airport transfers for me which were great, very friendly and on time, and when the transfer reached the central part of the medina where the Riad is located, one of the staff from the Riad came to the main road and met me and then transferred me by foot to the Riad. He was very friendly, spoke English well, so I felt assured from the beginning. Entering the Riad for the first time was truely lovely, an oasis - greeted with traditional handwashing, mint tea and biscuits was fantstic after the early start from Gatwick. The accommoation was very comfortable, quiet and private. They arranged private half day tours for me each morning and I also did 3 cooking classes with the wonderful Fatima who taught me 9 dishes in total --- all delicious, and it was really fun. They also have a small private hammam which is fantastic - great staff, and a very relaxing and pampering experience. I can't speak highly enough of the friendliness and helpfull of Emmanuella and her team and would highly recommend for any single or couple travellers. I was looked after from the moment I got pick up at the airport, till the moment I was dropped off at the airport. Will definitely go back and stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo