Review Highlights
Appreciated to the best arrangement of Rough Tours and excellent performance of the tour guide and driver

I and my wife would like to extend our sincerely appreciation to your staff Tour guide Mr. Mustapha... read more

Reviewed yesterday
forson68
Highly recommended

My wife and I were encouraged to take a private tour to Morocco this year. My daughter planned our... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Vacationer471654
Los Angeles, California

All reviews day tour berber culture camel ride atlas mountains berber pizza sahara desert private tour sand dunes berber camp tour company desert tour erg chebbi guide driver ouzoud waterfall off road beautiful country say goodbye
Reviewed 26 September 2017

We booked two trips with Rough tours in the Netherlands before we went to Marocco. The communication with Rough tours was very good. We payed a very small amount before the trips. The guide picked us in time up from our Riad in the Medina of Marrakesh. It was a fine car with airconditioning. For a private tours they had offered a very reasonably price. The guide (Ahmed) was very nice. He told us a lot of the history, culture and way of living in his country in a very professional way. He had a lot of humor and for two days we were having a lot of fun together. He didn't mind the time and gave us every uppertunity to explore the sites that we visited. Also we took a lot of breaks for toilet, coffee or lunch. No hurry, no worry. The trips themselves where very interesting because of the views of the mountains and casbah's (Qauzazate) and the agriculture and waterfalls (Ouzoud). I would book Rough tours and Ahmed immediately if i went back to Marrakesh for sure. Thanks for making our holliday unforgettable and wonderfull.

3  Thank Aad R
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Thanks to Moha, Driss, Youssef (though I haven't met Youssef) for this most memorable trip. I wouldn't have enjoyed this much without you all. Although your country has many issues to combat for the years to come, your wonderful company and warming smiles not only made me feel touched, it also carries the values of your Berber culture. I wish you all the best! I will be in touch again.

2  Thank KittenLeo
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Great 2 day trips from Marrakech.
The first day we visited kasba Ait ben haddou and ouazazate, it was really great, the guide told us a lot about everything on the way there and about the kasba itself when we were there. He brought us to nice restaurants where we could eat traditional food. Along the way there were great views over the landscape in the mountain, and Ahmed would stop every time we wanted if we wanted to see something or take a picture.
The second day we took a trip to the ouzoud waterfalls, with the same, very nice and friendly, guide. The waterfalls were beautifull and he did take us on a route down to the lake where you could see very nice views of the whole waterfall.
Achmed is a really good guide, you could ask him anything about everything. He was friendly, helpfull, professional and very interesting. I will definitely go back to morocco one day and will book my trip at rough tours!

2  Thank Wietske R
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We spent 8 nights touring Morocco being picked up in Tangier at the ferry, to Chefchaouen, Fes, Cascade d'Ouzoud, and Marrakech.

Our driver & guide, Driss, was great. Explained a lot about Moroccan culture & history. And we always felt safe even through the chaotic city driving. Driss is very passionate about the Berber culture and very interesting to listen to.

The city guides (as arranged by Rough Tours) were excellent. They went at a comfortable pace and showed us places we never would have found on our own. (Note: the city guides do take you to see the various craftsmen ie tile/mosaic making, tanneries etc. and there is always the opportunity to purchase the various goods).

The riads we stayed at were all absolutely lovely, very gracious hosts, and generous and delicious breakfasts.

While planning our trip, Youssef was exceptional responsive to my numerous emails and very patient with all of my questions.

I can, without hesitation, recommend Rough Tours.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank cmh1961
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 6 and had a fantastic tour from Marrakesh to Fes. Our guide Mohammed and driver Ibrahim were great; Mohammed was knowledgable about all the places we visited and could answer any questions we had. Additionally we were looked after at all times, a true door to door service, and Mohammed ensured we had everything we needed. The van was spacious with air conditioning.
We did and saw lots each day, including stopping at many towns and world heritage sights. The camel trek through the desert was the highlight and was a great experience.
All accommodation was lovely including the camp in the desert which had western toilets and plugs for charging phones. Breakfasts and dinner were all included, as well as some lunches such as Berber pizza.
Overall it was an unforgettable experience and we would highly recommend it to all.

2  Thank sarahh234567