“The true Morocco”

TTHP Maroc-Excursion Private Day Tours
Ranked #274 of 1,038 Tours in Marrakech
Reviewed 14 April 2015

Berber villages, traditional markets, landscapes as postcards and an exceptional guide: Momo. Only thank to this excursion organized by TTHP I can say that I knew the real Morocco's face. Boyfriend at home, I embarked on this adventure with another tourist and Momo, wise and friendly guide. As a group of adventurers I immediately felt at ease. We were overwhelmed by the mountain colors while we had lunch with an exceptional couscous and boiling chicken tagine in a berber house. From the Ourika valley we moved to Plateau Kik with a stop at the Ismi market, a Momo's suggestion that we immediately accepted and for which we have to thank him. I lost myself between people faces and in the rough streets. This is the real Morocco and I can only thank for this day.

MyrBerger, Gérant at TTHP Maroc-Excursion Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

Thank you so much Elena for this kind and interesting review which shows our work.

We hope that you can help other fellow travellers choose TTHP for their discovery of Morocco.

Best wishes,

My Berger

Reviewed 2 April 2015

This company was recommended by our riad who have used them for 5 years. We took the day trip to Telouet and Ait Ben Haddou. With the snow on the Atlas mountains it was a spectacular day out.

However, because the weather had been poor on the previous few days there was excess demand and I think they used a sub-contractor. We had a non-English speaking driver (he did speak a little English and was charming) and an English speaking(though not very English comprehending) guide and they spent nearly all their time talking to each other rather than to us!

MyrBerger, Gérant at TTHP Maroc-Excursion Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2015

The Riad that organized your trip is my faithful partner for years. It is well-known for its seriousness and the quality of its services. Therefore, it requires the same of its collaborators including my company.

Many excursions and tours has been organized on their demand and as a result their satisfaction and confidence has been renewed for years.

Due to bad weather, several trips have been canceled or postponed and no English speaking driver was available. So I took the decision to accompany at my expense a French speaking driver with an English speaking guide advised by one of my usual partners (as lots of them were already taken). It turned out that his work was not satisfactory. I'm really sorry about it. I sincerely apologize. I will be even more vigilant in the future.

Nevertheless, I really hope that after all you enjoyed this tour and that it allowed you to discover the beautiful Morocco.

Regards,

Myriam B

Reviewed 27 October 2014

We spent a great day on a journey. Mohammed our driver was fantastic and very friendly. He drove carefully and we felt safe the whole time. During our trip he told us each and then some interesting facts and secrets. We coudl make a stop whenever we wanted to do so. 100% recommendable!!

1  Thank Alex G
Myriam B, Gérant at TTHP Maroc-Excursion Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2014

Many, many thanks for your kind review. and we was delighted with the sent photos on my e-mail address.
All the best for you and I hope see you soon again in Morocco...

Reviewed 6 September 2014

Our trip was organised by our riad manager. Having specifically asked for an English speaking driver we were very disappointed that the driver didn't speak any English. He was a nice guy and a good driver, but we felt we missed out a lot on the tour as we didn't know what we were visiting or seeing on what was next on the itinerary etc. Despite this, it was still a great day with spectacular scenery.

1  Thank Gavin P
MyrBerger, Gérant at TTHP Maroc-Excursion Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Hi Gavin,
Thank for your review but I am very surprised to discover the reasons of your disappointment.
I would like to know what was the name of your riad where you stayed in Marrakech? Also what was the name of the guide and which was the excursion? I am disappointed too because I have often English customers and I always give a driver / guide who speaks English.
Usually, if a person is not satisfied by his excursion, riad partners indicate me to it very fast. Sincerely, I don't understand...Thank to give me details.
Best regards,
Myriam Berger

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our day in the High Atlas was arranged through our riad (Riad le Clos des Arts - also excellent!) and we couldn't have chosen a better day or a better company to take us. Perfect sunny weather from early when we were picked up until sunset when we were dropped off - and superb service from both our driver and our guide. They filled the day with interesting insights into the land and scenery, the culture of the Moroccans (both Berber and Arab) and history about everywhere we visited - we even learnt some Berber words to go with the few Arab words we also knew! We stopped numerous times for photo opportunities, to visit the Women's Argan Co-Operative to see oil being extracted and made into various products and of course at our main destinations of Telouet and Ait Ben Haddou.

Telouet was excellent - we had a terrific tour of the palace which is sadly falling into disrepair but still spectatcular - and a delicious lunch afterwards. Then onto Ait Ben Haddou, a jewel of the Atlas with amazing scenery, incredible architecture and wonderful views over the surrounding countryside. It's very atmospheric - you can see why it has featured in so many films and television series.

It was a long trip home from there to Marrakech but very scenic - the stop for a strong coffee and the view from Tizi n'Tichka pass were both highlights. TTHP worked hard to make sure we got the most from our day and I would definitely use them again for future trips out from the city.

2  Thank Hetmeister
Myriam B, Gérant at TTHP Maroc-Excursion Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Many, many thanks for this amazing review with a lot of details which tempt to travel with my company !...I am satisfied for you and for me...
You are my best spokesman !
Warm regards from Morocco !