“Couldn't have chosen better”
Review of La Maison Arabe

La Maison Arabe
Ranked #19 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed for a week and were expertly looked after. The promised free upgrade happened when they moved us from a lovely room into an even more beautiful suite. Inside the hotel is gorgeous to look at, and scrupulously clean. Its levels of service included letting us know the Manchester United scores. (We are sure they would do the same for City fans.) The location within the city is excellent: we could easily walk out to all the major sites and restaurants. A very real bonus was the complementary trip out to the riad's private casbah with its gardens and large pool. Here the club sandwiches are extraordinarily good with fresh herb salads from the garden. We ate in the restaurant twice and its food is good and not that expensive. The only downside, and this is true of any hotel within the old city, is being woken by calls from the local mosque, but breakfast is served until 11am so you can just go back to sleep.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris B
There are newer reviews for La Maison Arabe

Reviewed 18 February 2012

La Maison Arabe for me is more than a Riad with just charms and few rooms, it's also not as a hotel with huge constructions . It's a good size where you feel you are like at home with nice decoration, good services, many facilities .
The top for me is having fresh bread and Moroccan crepes made front of you every morning .
The staff are adorable and are very helpful

Room Tip: Suite nahar is good for family
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Alice J
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The property itself looks incredible and I was awestruck by the courtyard. It's located down an alley which adds to the serenity of the place. I was keen to have a look at the restaurant menu and perhaps look into booking a treatment, and I obtained a price list after asking the surly receptionist. I was then asked by one of the guys on reception whether I had a booking for the restaurant, to which I replied I hadn't, but I was interested in looking at the menu/prices with a view to eat there. They then walked me to the door and held it open for me, which suggested they wanted me to leave and did not seem to want to answer my question. Maybe I didn't fit their client spec, however I found this incredibly rude. I would have quite happily booked a table if they had offered me the opportunity, but I was made to feel I wasn't worthy of their attention. It is an amazing looking place, but customer service is sorely lacking. Disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
11  Thank sarah33_12
taftaf, Manager at La Maison Arabe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Dear Madam,
I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your first impression of our hotel. Our goal is to exceed our clients’ expectations from the moment they arrive until the time they check out. This also applies to people who are not staying at La Maison Arabe but take the time to stop by to visit our property. Clients often compliment us on the quality, kindness and professionalism of our reception staff, and we deeply regret that this was not the case when you stopped by La Maison Arabe.
Please rest assured that our head receptionist will review your comments with his entire team. I hope we will have another chance one day to welcome you back to La Maison Arabe.

Taoufik Ghaffouli, General Manager

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I have been coming to Marrakesh for a long time and have been to many, many different restaurants and bars. Though I have not stayed at the Maison Arabe, I have been to the bar several times and with friends and was delighted with the service as well as the fact that I could actually get a well mixed cocktail, in a city where this is not very common

I have also been to the restaurant several times and the food has always been delicious, the service impeccable and the musicians wonderful while at the same time not being to too loud or obtrusive

Really this is a place you must visit if you come to Marrakesh

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SamC_2012
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This is a wonderful boutique hotel in a great location. It's in the old quarter and just a short walk from the main square. Despite the great, central location it’s also relatively quiet and the interior design and service are superb.

Everyone was great and the young men working the front desk, also serving as concierge, were terrific. I couldn't resist and had one of the traditional Moroccan treatments/scrubs in their on premis hamas, and loved it. They also offer cooking classes daily, which we did, and enjoyed tremendously. We couldn't have asked for a better way to end our two weeks in Morocco than by spending two nights at La Maison Arabe.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends