All reviews arabic lesson cooking class shopping list moroccan cooking cooking experience tagine beautiful riad edwina culture ramadan
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We did not know quite what to expect, but we were delighted with a warm welcome and introduction to our day: Cooking a luncheon feast. From pigeon to sardines, aubergine to zucchini. We purchased them in the market in Arabic, taught to us by Edwina, clearly at one with the locals and her lovely assistant Hasna.
What great taste combinations we created, with an array of spices and ingredients.
Set in a beautiful riad, we sat down to 8 or more dishes after preparing them and cooking together.
Read the rest of the reviews, for more info about what to expect, and you won't be disappointed.
Finally, don't book a evening meal either!
Thanks ladies. Looking forward to the videos and pictures you took during the day, and some recipes to use our spices in at home.
Going home inspired to cook Moroccan.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mgpendle
Edwina G, Owner at House of Fusion Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

I am SO glad we prepped and swooned over the pigeon b'stilla and we soared to the heights and beyond of your expectations..that's what life's about after all, isn't it! Do tell me of your first Moroccan dinner party, I know it will be a knock out! Cheers and thanks for cooking with us, Edwina x

Reviewed 25 September 2017

My husband and I attended the 8-dish cooking lesson. We are from France and both love to cook.

Edwina was a fantastic teacher. We sat down with her in her lovely little courtyard with a cup of spiced coffee to choose the menu. We learned how to ask for what we needed at the market in Arabic,made our shopping list, then Edwina led us through the market to choose the perfect ingredients for our lunch. Hands-on, we chopped, tasted, observed, imitated, and were wowed by Edwina's and Hasna's skills and love for food.

The lunch we made together was out of this world. We can't wait to do the recipes again at home and are planning a Moroccan dinner in the near future with close friends to share our newly attained insight into Moroccan food.

Merci beaucoup Edwina !!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Edwina G, Owner at House of Fusion Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Oh Denise and Francois, How lovely it was cooking with you both, it really was a splendid day wasn't it and you were dreams to cook with! Can hardly wait for photos and news of your first Moroccan dinner party in Provence where you will surely evoke envy, in all who sit at your table, knowing you can cook like this, whenever you desire! Bon appetit darlings!

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Edwina is the best cooking teacher I have ever learned from. She ensures the experience is fun, educational, and hands-on. She explains what to do every step of the way, as you do it. Most times you don't realize how much you've just learned until you've completed each dish.

One of my biggest worries was chopping, as I'm actually very useless at executing a "fine chop". But I did it! It was like she unlocked a Pandora's Box of skills that I had convinced myself I wasn't capable of doing. Even when thinly slicing the oranges, or the zucchini, it seemed like a challenge at first but with every slice, it got better.

Honestly, I'm over the moon to showoff, not only the skills acquired, but to master the recipes learned; maybe even experiment and invent a few of my own.

House of Fusion Marrakech is a class foodie lovers, aspiring chefs, or travel enthusiasts, of ALL levels, should take part in.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
lulalula, Owner at House of Fusion Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

It's Tilly! We really did have a great time cooking together didn't we! I am SO glad that the simple technique of pushing against what you are slicing has gone home with you to firmly have you master of all, with whatever basket full of produce, is laid before you! Lolling by the fire with a wine after a day of feasting and swooning, was such a lovely finale! Looking forward to a good blog read of your Moroccan dinner parties..Fab fooding, Edwina x

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Lovely day. Learned a great deal from Edwina and Hessna including a language lesson before we went to the market. Appreciated being able to choose the recipes we would like to learn to cook. Fabulous flavours … the best we had tasted in Morocco. Beautiful Riad. Great experience.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Edwina G, Owner at House of Fusion Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

It was just splendid cooking with you...now for the splendour to continue as you stand before your stove at home, as I am very sure it will!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

A waste of money! One would expect to be greeted with the wonderful smell of cooking, instead the disgusting odour of cats urine and feaces blasted ones nostrils and lingered on our clothes for days after leaving. We had planned and paid for the 9 days course but left after 5 days. Edwina constantly complained about her previous clients and her own personal life problems. I also didn't like the fact that we didn't wash the vegetables, parsley and coriander after just buying them at the market which is the normal thing to do, it's unhygienic! I did ask twice, but she just ingored me. I can't find anything good to say about the whole experience. She was rude and unpredictable. We cut our losses and left with our smelly clothes. Very expensive for a bad experience. My advice would be to find a nice Riad or hotel, get a cookbook and eat out at all the little places in the Medina and have fun, which is what my friend and I eventually did! This was not my first cooking vacation. I have done them in Peru, Brazil, France and India, and always enjoyed myself and made wonderful friends. This was a waste of 2,850 Euros!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janetelsa
lulalula, Owner at House of Fusion Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Oh Janet, as awful as you have tried to make us sound, it was, as you know, your behaviour that made it beyond possible, for you to continue your stay at the House of Fusion Marrakech. I didn't actually know that you were also rolling about, with all your clothes, in the kitty litter tray..what a picture you paint..oh dear..