All reviews carrefour supermarket owner adam night receptionist noisy marrakech yogurt shampoo and shower gel swimming pool pancakes his team fabulous holiday minute taxi ride quiet area stayed for nights mint tea breakfast was delicious an oasis of calm moroccan restaurant
Reviewed 8 September 2014

We were taken to Albakesh by a taxi driver after being disappointed with our previously booked riad. We asked him to take us somewhere clean, reasonably priced and with a pool. He certainly chose well. The hotel was almost full but they could accommodate us for 4 nights if we were prepared to switch rooms each day. First two days we had room 17 - FABULOUS suite. Then we moved to room 15 - also fabulous junior suite. Both had balconies overlooking the pool. Our last night was spent in room 5, smaller, less plush but still great and it also had the best shower of all 3 rooms!
The pool is large and spotless - however one minus point here is there are a couple of cats around and twice we found cat poo next to the sun beds. It was pointed out to the handyman and he had it cleaned in a flash.
Good healthy breakfast and fabulous staff. My husband built up quite a rapport with the night receptionist who had found the rooms for us on arrival.
Would most definitely recommend this hotel and if we should come back to Marrakech, this is where we would stay. Thank you to ALL staff.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaWestBank
Reviewed 4 September 2014

We were met by the owner Adam after a late flight from London and taken to a nearby restaurant which we appreciated. The hotel is about 15 mins by car to the centre of Marrakech and there is a free lift to and from the center every day up to 6pm. The hotel has spacious bedrooms beautifully decorated and a welcome swimming pool after a hot day The Souks are great fun and the city square really comes alive at night. The hotel owner arranged several trips for us and they were all very good. The Quad biking and mountain biking were great fun but the trip to the waterfall was a little more energetic than I had planned. However our guide was brilliant and managed to help us negotiate the slippery rocks. I breathed a sigh of relief when we finally made it back down to the minibus! Everone enjoyed the trip which included camel riding, a perfume factory, a berber house and a carpet factory where we bought a table that now has pride of place in our lounge. Adam the owner goes out of his way to make your holiday in Marrakech a memorable one.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I am so glad that my partner and I chose to stay in the Albakech house! The Riad is a 45 min walk or a 5-10 min car journey into the medina which is perfect as the medina can get claustrophobic!!
There is a shopping complex with restaurants and a Carrefour supermarket just 1 minute walk from here too which was ideal!
The staff are so friendly and the breakfast is delicious especially the orange juice :)
The Riad has aircon which is a life saver in the morrocan heat! It is also very clean and beautiful!
Only 2 criticisms I would have are:
I don't like the fact you have to hand your key in at reception when going out. I don't think this is safe as not all staff members know who you are and you could request any room key on returning!
Also you are not allowed to drink your own drinks or eat your own snacks around the pool you have to purchase them from the riad.
This wouldn't bother me if the price was right. In the supermarket a bottle of water is 4.5dh in the riad they charge 25dh! It's the same for soft drinks- small bottle of coke in the supermarket is about 5.5dh and in the riad they want 25dh ( approx £1.70!!) In the unbearable heat I was drinking 1-2 large bottles of water a day, this soon adds up when they are charging 5 times more than there supermarket- shame.
Another point which I want to raise which I feel is a real shame is the old man who works on reception in the evenings. All other staff members were so friendly and really lovely except him! One evening we came back to the Riad and I attempted to ask for our key in French (being polite, trying to make an effort even though my French is limited). He replied with 'don't you speak English?!' He then processed to tell me to speak English and gave me a very patronising French lesson whilst laughing at me which I really did not appreciate! Such a shame as all other staff members were wonderful!
Although I've raised good and bad points overall we had a great stay and I would recommend this riad!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zoe-the-Explorer
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Very close to local amenities despite not spotting them straightaway! Beautiful little place with an amazing team of staff! Rooms were incredible as was the hotel foyer.Breakfast was ok could be improved as vegan variety was basic! Hence no 5*, would also be helpful if the Hamam lady spoke some English, it's not a great experience if you're unsure of what's happening.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We visited for a long weekend and were met at the airport by the driver organised by Adam the owner beforehand. This was invaluable as our plane was delayed unfortunately by four hours and was a relief to get to the hotel quickly as we were shattered.
The hotel was small and as beautiful as pictured. Our room was a suite and it was spacious, clean and so relaxing. All the staff were so friendly and although there is no restaurant at lunchtime you can order food to be freshly prepared for you for an hour later.
We did pop into the town at night which is a short taxi drive away, but purpose of visit was to sit and relax by the pool which we did and thoroughly enjoyed.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for couples and we will definitely return again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple