“Know what your booking! ”
Review of Riad Cherihane

Riad Cherihane
Ranked #387 of 1,187 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

This Riad could easily be a 3 star or a 5 star experience so I'll go with 4, however I think my problem was that I didn't quite know what to expect when staying in a Riad. To an extent I was comparing it to everything I'd ever known about holiday accommodation, but a Riyad is in a category of its own.

It is essentially a guest house/b&b with no reception or 24 hour assistance. You'll have a key to the front door but your room is opened and locked using a standard bolt lock with no key.

Despite some confusion over my booking on arrival, the lady that runs the Riad was very helpful, she will go out of her way to help and provided me with all the information I needed during my stay. The only thing I would say, is that I didn't know how to find her if I needed her, at times there was nobody around which meant I was without assistance. Nonetheless, she was a brilliant host.

Breakfast was very nice, but it would have been welcomed if they were able to offer the option of food throughout the day.

The room was actually brilliant, I was very comfortable and it was both traditional and well maintained. The only thing I would say, is that any movement outside of your room you will know about. But this was never a problem as it was always quiet at night and never loud or disruptive.

Location is really good, 3min walk from the markets and 5-6 min walk to a taxi point. I did get lost on several occasions however, and had to seek local assistance to get back. Lots of people are on standby to help you find your way back provided you are able to tip them fairly! (But be careful as not everybody can be trusted especially at night)

This Riad was a very nice place to stay, I don't regret choosing this Riad at all and would recommend it. Other friends of mine who were staying at other Riads around the medina did have 24 hour assistance and food, while others did not, so it seems that each has its own unique level of service. If you plan on being out all day, this shouldn't be an issue. In the unlikely event I returned to Marrakech, I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Omar945

Reviewed 12 October 2016

The wall of the accommodation is very thin, it is very noisy when speech of the owner couple, and music come from owner living. Husband of the owner couple, without any hospitality, do not even show smile and greeting. He looks heel wrestlers.This accommodation can not take a cup of coffee and any foods.

However, it was the most surprised, there is a poster of a "take a shower within four minutes.". Though it was 5 minutes, even the shortest shower time of the camp site of Iceland. Anyway, there is too much restriction in this accommodation, It is like a cozy jail.

Room Tip: Please do not be fooled in the their pictures.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights and really enjoyed it. We arrived late at night and quickly realized that it was quite difficult to find at first. Just be sure to have a good map or the locals will try to give you directions and demand money. The woman who runs the riad is fantastic; her brother was up waiting for us when we arrived and showed us to our room. Our room was very nice with a large bed, good wifi, mostly good a/c, very large bathroom (the shower head was pretty bad, but I attribute that to low water pressure and just being in the middle of old city), and nicely decorated in traditional Moroccan decor. The next morning we were greeted with a Moroccan breakfast, more like a feast, of breads, muffins, jams, tea, and coffee. The riad operator gave us maps and told us where to go and the best routes to take, this was extremely helpful. The riad is about a 15-20 minute walk into the main square, about a 5 minute walk into the souks, and approximately a 10 minute cab ride to the airport. This riad is beautiful, the staff is very welcoming and accommodating, and I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed hear for 2 nights and were very well looked after. We were upgraded into a better room. Lots of little things made our stay special - we were made very welcome and asked to treat the riad as our home.
The breakfast was truly amazing with lots of treats.
The bed was very comfortable.
I would definitely recommend this special place.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2016

We stayed at this riad for 3 nights. A really beautiful and very comfortable guest house with welcoming owners. Fantastic wi fi. Right in the middle of 'real' Marrakesh, you have to walk through local market and small alleys to get there. We felt safe even at night. When you enter this riad you are welcomed by beautiful décor, a wonderful roof garden and great hospitality. The owners provided us with local maps and knowledge, a lovely breakfast each morning, served Moroccan style. We visited The Atlas mountains, local souks, rode camels and soaked up the local culture.
We would whole heartidly recommend this Riad and will stay again when we return.

Room Tip: second floor rooms great!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family