“Wonderful Place”
Review of Henna Cafe

Henna Cafe
Ranked #7 of 156 Shopping in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: The Henna Cafe in Marrakech is a Cultural Association registered in Morocco. It provides: A multi cultural meeting place; a community cafe; a henna salon which offers an educational henna experience to visitors; a gallery of art by local aspiring artists and runs a weekly kids club offering free creative activities to the children of the Bab Doukalla area of the city. All of the profits from the cafe and the henna experience are used to provide assistance in Marrakech in the form of free education and supportive projects. We currently run a full timetable of lessons and educate 300+ people per week. We also offer funds to support worthwhile projects in Morocco, Details of our recent charitable activity can be seen at our website Thank you to all of the conscious travellers who support real and positive change by choosing the one and only Henna Cafe Marrakech look for the bright and sunny orange signs and you will know you have found the perfect place for conscious , safe and natural henna. See you here x
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful place. Very friendly and an absolute pleasure to have visited.

Avoid the poor quality, extortionately priced henna in Jemaa el-Fnaa and go here for the real thing.

The lady who applied the henna to my girlfriend’s right hand very kindly redid her left hand also without any charge (the left hand had been poorly done in Jemaa el-Fnaa the day before).

Lovely people and and a lovely place.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"medina"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I went here 3 times during my recent trip to marrakech. The food was absolutely stunning and I had a beautiful henna tattoo done by a very talented, lovely lady! Am missing the food already :(

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

The henna I got was mostly really pretty, although I didn't like the finger bits as they came out a different, more intense colour and looking a bit bulky compared to the rest of my hand and arm which was lovely art work. Not sure why this happened, perhaps the colour was more concentrated towards the end or because the lemon juice was applied later then on the rest of my hand. So a bit disappointed.
There was also an awful lot of flies in the cafe, so we only ordered a tea but chose not to eat there, eventhough we spent over an hour there until the henna got dried.

Overally a little disappointed.
Though I'm glad they are a charitable organisation, happy to have contributed.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

We should really support this charity founded by people from the UK, Fabulous lunch in this hidden gem, outside the main souks just off dar al basha, henna swiftly and expertly done by Fatima and lasted for over a week. Don’t miss it!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

I had a brilliant time here. The ladies here are very welcoming and accommodating. Once we finished our meal (which was marked as vegan) and tea I selected my henna and the ladies stayed behind to finish it as it was so complicated and we passed closing time. They wanted to make sure that everything was perfect. They only use organic henna. Everyday at 3pm they also teach Darja, which is the local dialect, however when I came the lady that taught it was off so Leila gave me my own private lesson and told me all about the many different people that make modern Morocco what it is today. I highly recommend this place as everyone is so wonderful.

1  Thank Danni T
Lucie H, Henna Cafe Charitable Foundation co-founder at Henna Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Hi Danni!
Thank you so much for the lovely review that you have given us. It is very helpful for people to know about the Darija language lessons that we offer as well as our expert henna artists and lovely food including vegan and vegetarian food offerings. I wish more people would do as you did and take advantage of our very very cheap language lessons as Leila, Haja, and our other teachers are really great and I think it costs around £2 for an hour 1:1 lesson usually. On request we also teach the Tamazight language as well as Moroccan arabic.
I do have to agree with you that our staff are pretty wonderful! We are able to facilitate many women taking managerial roles here which is a rare but great thing!

Do come and visit us again when you are next in town.
Best Wishes, Lucie