“Feels like a little palace, so peaceful, safe...”
other travellers have booked this property
Riad Laksiba -  Guest house, Hotel, Rooms or Exclusive Use, Kasbah, Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
Riad Laksiba - Exclusive Use from £125 Night Riad Laksiba  - Rooms from £25 Person
Check Availability
The Twin Room Two, First Floor
Riad Laksiba - Open-Air Courtyard
Bathroom In Twin Room Two, First Floor
Entrance
Dont just be a Tourist. Go Native, Experience Marrakech.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Riad -
5 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10
Marrakech, Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 228 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
German first
Italian first
Turkish first
Any
Penny H
Kent
“Feels like a little palace, so peaceful, safe & homely. Within walking distance of so much.”
Reviewed 6 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

From the moment we inquired about booking, all our emails were answered straight away and Simon was so helpful. The craftsmanship that has gone into restoring the riad shows and it has lots of little touches around the riad to give it that special Moroccan feel. There were seven of us and we all felt so comfortable there.

We were met at the airport and taken back to the riad, where Abdelhamid explained all about the area and showed us on the map the different attractions and gave us a idea what what we should pay for things, he also walked with us to the main road to show us the way. Whenever we need help he was there, he would happily arrange taxi's for us and walk with us to the gate to wait for the taxi's with us, he would double check the bookings for any day trips, nothing was to much trouble for him. The girls are fantastic cooks, we had two meals during our stay, we all enjoyed the starters and dinners there was no shortage of food.

It was really handy having the honesty bar, the fridge full of soft drinks, wine and beer which saved you having to buy them whilst out. Buying wine & beer in Marrakesh is very hard so having them ready for you at the riad was a blessing after a long day out, you could grab a beer and relax either on the roof terrace or one of the settees.

We booked a trip to Ourika Valley which was a good day out and did the dune buggies which was great fun.

We loved Riad Laksiba, the place felt so special, Abdelhamid and the girls were so happy and willing to help. Marrakesh is a very busy place but this gem of place makes you soon forget that. Great location, about a twenty minute walk to the square, the tombs and palaces are about ten/fifteen minutes walk.

Riad laksiba is located down a small street, where children are happily playing whilst their Mums watch.The men are all sitting outside cafes drinking tea, playing games or just chatting to each other, you get a feel for the real Moroccan life. Everyone seemed really friendly and would greet you and at no point did any of us feel unsafe. In the mornings we would watch the men in the stable opposite wash the horses and prepare them for their day ahead. They would always give you a wave (the men not the horses) You will see lots of cats/kitten in the street playing so if you are a cat lover take food for them. The riad has two lovely tortoises that are really friendly and seem to come out when people are around, one of them loves feet and will follow you around.

Thank you Simon, Abdelhamid and everyone for making our holiday a lovely one. We hope to see you all soon.

Travelling group: Friends
15 Jun 2013
Thank you Penny, this is a super review offering excellent observations. Abdelhamid will be delighted that his efforts have been rewarded with such compliments. I am pleased that you enjoyed the "Urban Tourism" that the immediate vicinity offers and your observations read like the opening of a book that I would thoroughly enjoy reading. Best regards. Simon. Riad Laksiba.
catwoman4...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“'Home from Home'”
Reviewed 22 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Have just spent 4 nights at this wonderful riad and am missing it already. Having stepped inside the first time,I felt my stress leaving me (work pressures/queues at passport control/losing the driver/the unfriendly kids in the alleyway who punched me hard on my arm - twice)
However, all was soon forgotten inside the incense laden riad, where we were greeted warmly by Mohamed and Abdelhamid and served mint tea. They both spoke good English and were able to offer us loads of advice and information. Throughout our stay they were extremely helpful, from walking us to the tombs on our first day to assisiting us in arranging a visit to the local orphanage to deliver gifts.
The riad was exactly as I imagined it to be, beautifully decorated and in an ideal location. A tasty and varied breakfast was served whenever we chose it by two lovely ladies.They also cooked us a lovely meal on our first evening.
I have taken away fabulous memories from my time in Marrakesh, not least from Riad Laksiba.
I will return.....Insha'Allah.

Travelling group: Friends
15 Jun 2013
I too hope that you return .....Insha'Allah. Thanks so much for you review. I am delighted that Mohamed and Abdelhamid were excellent hosts during your stay. You are right... their ability to communicate so fluently in English is a major bonus to guests. Looking forward to serving you again in the future. Simon. Riad Laksiba
gbcti
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Found this lovely riad from a friend's recommendation, and it was absolutely spot on. Mohamed and Hamid were the absolutely perfect hosts, so friendly and enthusiastic, both with excellent English. We had the riad to ourselves for the 3 nights of our stay, and it couldn't have been a more blissful quiet haven from the hurley-burley of the souks! Its a 15 min walk up to the 'Big Square' to which everyone on the street is keen to be your personal guide ('no fee, honest, I live that way'....but contibutions welcome none the less on arrival! That's just Marrakesh though, better get used to it!).

The roof terrace, with the pet very shy lizards, was charming, the bedroom in February was warm enough, the fridge was sufficiently stocked with wine and beer. Ahh!

Simon has refurbished the riad with great attention to detail and its a real pleasure to have stayed here.

Travelling group: Couples
15 Jun 2013
Thanks for taking time to write a Review of your experiences at Riad Laksiba. It always warms me to read when a Guests comes via recommendation. Please also pass on my thanks to the referring friends. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and hope you'll visit again. Best regards Simon. Riad Laksiba
Eleanor S
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing such fun ! Really lovely local feel with great people”
Reviewed 26 March 2013 for a stay in April 2012

Had a lovely time Mohammed and hamid were great company and really gave great advice especially about mouhssine boulla who took us out for the day to the mountains. The riad has a great local location close to the square and feels very safe. Breakfast was lovely the two ladies, nadia and raja were brilliant and made us feel at home. I would reccomend this riad over any hotel any day. I look forward to my next stay. Thank you riad laksiba I love you all x x

9 Apr 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I am delighted that all went well for your Birthday. We very much look forward to seeing you again in the future and I am sure we can come up with a host of different adventures to sample. Very best wishes. Simon (Riad Laksiba)
Rebecca C
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 18 March 2013 for a stay in January 2013

I'd just like to say what a wonderful stay I had at Riad Laksiba. The riad is simply beautiful and in a great location. There is a family atmosphere among the staff who are exceptionally helpful, Mohamed and Abdelhamid speak excellent English (Abdelhamid is studying for a Masters in English) and couldn't have been more helpful. Nadia and Raja cook exception food and are happy to share their culinary secrets with guests. Simon, the owner, fits the 'mad dogs and Englishmen' stereotype taking me on the alternative tour of Marrakesh! Which I loved. I he is certainly well thought of in the community and therefore can give guests an insight in local life. A great introduction to Marrakesh, many thanks.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great atmosphere
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing