“Rather disappointing ”
Review of Hammam de la Rose

Ranked #17 of 135 Spas & Wellness in Marrakech
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Immerse yourself in a sensuous Moroccan experience at Hammam de La Rose, a sanctuary of peace and tranquility in the heart of Marrakech, with modern comfort and design. At Hammam de La Rose we believe your health and well-being come first, and we serve to promote this.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We took the 30mins Hammam for couples and paid 500dh. It was an interesting experience but I must say that I am not convinced that this is an authentic hammam. I feel a bit like I have taken simply a shower with the help of a nice pretty girl. There was no steam at all in the hammam and it was rather warm than hot because the door of the hammam was left open - not sure it is supposed to be like that... also the entire procedure was really rushed through.
Surely nice place - but I am afraid the hammam is a tourist-trap

Hammam D, Guest Relations Manager at Hammam de la Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Mrs Kay,
We thank you for taking the time to write your comment about us on tripadvisor.
On behalf of the team we are sorry that you were not satisfied of the hammam experience. We inform you that you have choosen the shorter one and that the girl did the right procedure. However we appologies that you didn t like.
Concerning the steam, the moroccan hammam is without steam that is turkish and we apply the hammam following the tradition and the authenticity.
We assure you that we do our utmost to improve and correct some points that you mentioned ( as the opened door that is forbidden to leave open appart if the client asks for that).
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in a near future to make you living a new memorable and wonderful experience abd belaive us that it's not a tourist trap!!!.

Kind Regards

in 108 reviews
"scrub"
in 63 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Having never been to a Hamman, I didn't know what to expect. The experience was amazing as we bathed, enjoyed massage and cleaned up from an amazing trek to the desert.

Dear M. Lan,
We sincerely, thank you for your flattering review about us on trip adviser.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your hammam and massage experience at our spa. We are all happy to hear that our efforts have been appreciated and given a good result.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hamman came highly recommended by our guide and I decided to treat myself to the Four Seasons package, which even by UK standards at Dhs 900 wasn't cheap. I enjoyed the hamman- although I'd describe it as energising, rather than relaxing - and my foot and body massage were also very decent. The facial however was not good- the beautician was rough and the exfoliation abrasive to the extent that my face felt sore when I left. She left me unattended on two occasions and also left the door open throughout my treatment, presumably for her comfort but the noise from the corridor didn't add much to the experience. Overall, I found the experience a big disappointment and definitely wouldn't return.

Dear Mrs Coelia,
We thank you for taking the time to write your comment about us on tripadvisor.
We are happy to know that you liked your hammam experience and on behalf of the team we are sorry that you didn’t like your facial treatment. We took you observation in consideration and we assure you that we will do our utmost to improve our service.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in a near future to make you living a new memorable and wonderful experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent service - I booked in for a wax and a pedicure. My beautician was Naima who was very professional and friendly and very skilled. I would recommend to anyone looking for an excellent pampering experience at an accessible price with calming music and a lovely serene environment. Every wish is taken care of

Dear M. Heather,
Many thanks for taking the time to write such nice review about us on tripadviser.
We are so glad to know that your treatments at our spa could meet your expectations and that you were happy of naima's service.
It's with big pleasure that we shared your kind words with the whole team and they were very happy to hear your compliments.
We hope to welcome you again to make you having another great and memorable time.

Warm regards,
Hammam De La Rose

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We just had the full experience a few hours ago and feel totally rejuvenated! You are given robes, slippers and temporary shorts, and the rooms you go into are decorated very well with calming background music. The women who carry out the hammam are very strong and thorough. Then the women who carry out the massage are very delicate - shout out to Ghizlane and Amila! I had Amila who was great and worked wonders with her hands - I even tempted her with a marriage offer to come back to England with me lol!
Overall it was very professional, nicer location in Medina, and would definately recommend to anyone! Thumbs up here if you followed and agreed! ... oh and Amila get in touch :p

2  Thank Hamza Y

Dear Mr, Hamza,
On behalf of all the Team, we sincerely thank you for taking time and writing this flattering review about your experience at our spa.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your experience as well as the quality of our service.
Your kind words were shared with all the team and they were very happy to hear your compliments. a spcial thanks from Amina and Ghizlane for your compliments too.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back in a near future if you plan to come back to Marrakech.

Warm regards,