“Excellent! ”
Review of Riad Azzouna 13

Riad Azzouna 13
Ranked #77 of 1,172 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights when we first arrived in Marrakesh. our room was everything you'd expect from a luxury riad, with a big bed, a really nice, spacious ensuite with wet-floor shower and everything absolutely spotless. I'm a big breakfast eater and have been disappointed in breakfast size and qualtity in most places I go, but the breakfast here was excellent, always with a big pot of some of the best Moroccan mint tea we've had yet. The manager Sadiq went over and above, helping us with tips and insider info and inviting us for a drink a few times as well. If we return to Morocco we'll come back for sure! Thanks.

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Great dissapointment. You expect to get in a luxurious pleasant riad, where you have ordered a dinner for the Birthday, and they respond on the mail they would be more than happy.... But! First they have no sign on the door. You wander in the maze around to find it. Next: You enter and : nothing special, and you say"ok,I've paid already". Then they say(politely) they have no food today and they say tey don't have e -mail from you ordering a special dinner( and at the end they appologised because they not only saw it, but responded saying they'd be happy to cook on this day). But then you go in the tiny room and you lie down on the tiny bed: AND BIG PROBLEM. The bed's 10 cm shorter than you and your feet. ( But you can't see this information when you book, and it's booking fault). Actually we first ask for changing the room for longer bed: no option, as all the beds in the "luxury riad" are 1.80 cm. Then you want to get your money back and go, because you don't want to ruin your trip, because of sleepless night. You call booking.com . They all together with the owner say they can't do anything. Then we surely wanted to go and offered to pay 30 percent of all the stay and leave, they did not agree, so after 1h30min well educated discussion we paid the first night out of 2, which means we paid 50%. And we went to other riad, much much more beautiful and pleasant.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Staying here right now, been here for 2 nights so far and wanted to say just how nice this riad and its host is. The rooms are clean and well kept, the roof terrace is lovely with great views for sunset and the host, Sadik, cannot do enough for you. He's always there to help and cater for everything we need plus give us advice on where to go and what to see. Fluent in quite a few European languages as well as speaking Arabic and English.
The walk to the souks is very interesting and takes less than 10 minutes, we found our way there and back easily with the map that Sadik gave us.
I would recommend taking up the offer of the transport from the airport to here as a taxi cannot drop you to the door. The bus is a cheaper option but I'm not sure you'd find the riad easily without Google Maps leading you to the front door step by step

1  Thank duffstar704
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Super location, genuine, friendly, helpful manager Sadik, really nice interesting guy, I know where to go when I return. This Riad is clean, comfortable and amazing value for the price, terrific breakfast too on the roof.

Room Tip: I think every room is excellent but I only used one and it was perfect
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Noel S
Reviewed 23 September 2016

The Riad is gorgeous, super clean, and modern with traditional decor. I had fresh flowers in my room when I arrived. The aesthetic reminds me of Meereen in Game of Thrones. Sadik, the house manager, is really helpful. We were in town for a wedding and he was able to bring someone in to style my friends' hair. He's always around if you need anything or easy to get in touch with via whatsapp and his English is great. If you ever wanted a meal, snack, water, wine, etc. it could always be prepared or brought to you. I've learned you can't expect that kind of service at all Riads.
Other bonuses:
- The Riad offers in-house massages
- rooftop is lovely, clean, and great for meals or laying out
- a/c in bedroom works great
- I had the Menzeh Jouj suite which is spacious and beautiful. The tub was great to soak in when the heat was >40 deg C
- internet worked really well. My friends and I had some work to do while there and working remotely wasn't a problem at all.

Other notes:
- Azzouna13 doesn't have a pool but I believe it's sister Riad, Zaouiya(?), has one.
- Dinner at the Riad is 20€ which is a bit high (some Riads only charge 10€).
- Location is a 15min walk from the perimeter of the souks. It's a little further out and we often took a taxi to the main square (jemma al fna) to save time.

This Riad is the best one my friends and I have stayed in!

Room Tip: Menzeh Jouj suite, 2nd floor, fits 3 adults (2 on queen? bed and 1 on a single bed). Loved the tub!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends