1,625 results
All reviews family pool adult pool pavilion room range rover beautiful resort kids club walk in wardrobe pool service rooftop bar close to the airport pool restaurant minutes from the airport huge bathroom main building la mamounia pool side tennis courts
Reviewed 15 October 2016

Very nice hotel with super friendly staff, from the reception right to the pool staff. Ideal to relax especially at the adults only pool (there is also a family pool on the other side). Very nice rooms with very comfortable bed and pillows. The concierge was very helpful in recommending restaurants in Marrakech. We also used the courtesy car that the hotel kept available every night from 18.00 to 22.00hrs on a first come-first serve basis. We often had lunch at the pool side restaurant and the food was excellent. In the evening there was the restaurant in the lobby area. We actually only had drinks there as in our opinion you didn't really get an experience of going out and being in a separate restaurant. So an extra restaurant would have been nice. This is an ideal hotel if you want to discover Marrakech. Everything was perfect except for 1 thing : during the day there were construction works in the villas near the adult pool and at times that was rather disturbing.

Room tip: Courtesy car: be careful with the valet staff. They may tell you its not available -even if it is. Instead ask concierge.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Filip N
Blaise M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience in our resort and we are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Our sincere apologises for the disturbance you have faced due to some construction noise next door.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

We visited this hotel a year ago and it became one of our favourite four seasons resorts. There have been some changes - some good some bad - since we last visited (when we gave the hotel 5/5), but the resounding issue was a huge drop in quality of service in the food and beverage outlets.

My only complaint on our first visit was that the wifi was poor with no reception around the pool. They have clearly fixed this and I didn't even need to bother with the premium wifi we got with our suite and just used the complimentary wifi the whole time.

Turning to the issues, they have switched up their restaurants to remove their only good restaurant and the service at breakfast, lunch and dinner was very very poor.

Firstly they have removed their fine dining Italian (Blu D'Orange) and replaced their Moroccan restaurant with a more casual feeling Italian. We dined at the casual Italian and the food was very average and the service was terrible - endless mistakes, cold food, missing main courses, and I had to get up and hunt for a waiter when we wanted a bill as they were all busy out the back of the restaurant for ages. It didn't come close to the stunning meal and service we had the previous year at Blu D'Orange and the service did not resemble anything we've come to expect from this hotel or any four seasons hotel. We did get a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine due to the problems.

Service by the pool and at breakfast was also fustratingly poor. We had four breakfasts and every single one my father-in-law's coffee and tomato juice was forgotten, the waiter kept giving the wrong people drinks and we kept having to ask again for items. Worst of all, our last breakfast there were no cooked items in the buffet and a whole section was missing that was out the other days. So we all had pastries, pancakes and cereal. When our plates were being cleared and we'd finished our coffees/tea the waiter decided to offer us cooked breakfast menus and let us know that on Tuesday's you ordered cooked food from the a la carte - I mean seriously, to wait until 45 minutes into our breakfast? It was a joke.

Poolside food was good and there is no doubting the quality of the produce, but again it was lazy chaotic service. I had to ask for a missing items several times and at our final lunch the deserts took 30 minutes to come out (no apology) and the pancake and waffles which were meant to be freshly cooked were cold. In addition the "pancake with lemon and sugar" came with orange pieces on it and no lemon. It's just frustrating at these prices.

We dined out at La Comptoir, Trattoria and La Palace Club (all recommendations from the hotel) - each one was superb in terms of food and service, and if we return we wouldn't eat dinner in the hotel - which isn't a big problem, but it's unlike any other four seasons I've visited in that respect and detracts from the "resort" nature of the hotel.

Overall things were not as slick as last time. My parents in law requested a wake up call which was inexplicably forgotten and it took three calls over a 24 hour period to get someone to fix our sink which was broken on arrival. On check in I was told I'd been upgraded to a pavilion room, which was the room I had booked.

On the plus side is the concierge and front of house service is generally exceptional, we had an itinerary put together and it ran like clockwork and check in and check out was very good. Service from concierge before the stay was impeccable. The rooms and facilities are faultless and the pool area and poolside service is the best at any hotel we've been to. The SPA is also stunning.

I left the hotel relaxed but also slightly frustrated and embarrassed that I'd gone on about how great the four seasons chain and this hotel in particular is to my parents-in-law for it to then let us down with poor service at nearly every meal to give a distinctly average impression. Maybe we were unlucky this time round.

I personally would return, but my wife would prefer to try the Mandarin Oriental next year. One thing is for sure, when dropping around £5000 for two couples in 4 nights there shouldn't be so many issues and the excellent work and service delivered by the front of house teams and poolside team was really undermined by the food and beverage team on this trip.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank JPAP-SHLC

Thank you very much for taking the time of sharing your experience at our resort and we are sorry to hear that your stay was not as enjoyable as last year.

First of all we would like to sincerely apologise for the inconveniences you have faced during your stay and for the inconsistency in the level of services and food quality you encountered. All your comments are taken very seriously and measures are implemented in order to avoid any recurrence in future.

We are also working on our restaurants' concept and its culinary part and we hope that we will be able to welcome you back during your next trip to Marrakech and demonstrate you a more agreeable experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance.
Once again thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Stayed 4 nights at the Four Seasons in Marrakech. We did have some challenges during our stay, but I could definitely recommend a stay there, since the staff has been superkind and very helpful. A lot of details in this hotel have been carefully thought off! A special thank you goes out to Said, servicing us at the pool and the very warm and new General manager who personally came to check upon is during our stay!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vidjin K

Thank you very much for your kind comments. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife during your stay with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

A delightful place to stay. All conveniences and friendly staff. We arrived after a long hot day in the out country. We were tired and dusty. What a pleasure to come into this clean, bright lounge and sit in a soft armchair. A true oasis

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sandy L
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

I cannot add anything to what has already said about this hotel, staff, service etc.
My only complaint being about the caged birds. Personally, I find this truly upsetting. Please set them free.
I've recently discovered that these birds are never let out of their cages to be exercised.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eastwick58Essex
Blaise M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do appreciate your comment about the birds and will look into it.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards