All reviews huge supermarket a free shuttle bus english channels lovely hotel carrefour supermarket half board enjoyed my stay plenty of sun loungers taxi ride close to the airport great pool hotel is situated upgraded to a suite reception area cleaned every day orange juice the main square
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

When I booked this holiday with teletext, I was told that this hotel is 5 x, when I arrived at the hotel , the hotel standard were appalling, the staff spoke very little english, the swimming pool was under construction and a hazard for health and safety

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sol V
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Myself and my daughter arrived at this hotel on 21st April. From the moment we arrived till departure, thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and experience. The reception staff were professional, courteous and always gave service with a smile. On checking in I was advised about the hotel facilities, shuttle bus, WIFI and if needed anything just to ask. Our luggage was taken into the room by the porter.

*The room and bathroom was clean. It was cleaned daily with fresh towels left. The bed was nice and soft with nice plump pillows. The bathroom had a hair dryer and shampoo, soap, lotion, shower cap. We had a room with a balcony, room 111 where we had beautiful sunshine in the morning. This room faced the garden and was quiet.

*WIFI was excellent in the room and making calls, WhatsApp or Facebook was never an issue. No need to sit in the lobby or reception to get a decent connection.

*Breakfast is available from 7 – 1030, with a good selection of fruits, fresh orange juice, scrambled or boiled egg, toast, pastries, mint tea, salad, sausages, potatoes. After you are sitting at your table the waiters bring you jug of coffee and milk. The waiters are very attentive to you and polite and gave service with a smile.

*On one occasion I was waiting for my excursion car in the lobby at 6.45, I was approached by reception and told the breakfast area is open and I am welcome to have breakfast before I depart for my trip.

*The hotel is situated 8 mins walk from the Al Mazar Mall. Walk out of the hotel and turn left to walk straight down the road. There is a carefour market open at 9 till 9pm, where you can buy drinks, fruit and groceries. The restaurants open at 10 till midnight. These comprise of Pizza Hut, Burger King, Dominoes and local cuisines which do grilled chicken, shawarmas etc. The Al – Mazar has free WIFI. The shops are decent to buy gifts, clothing and shoes.

*There are taxi’s opposite the hotel which the security and door staff can help you book to go to Jma El Fna etc, which costs 50 dirhams, about £3.00. The door staff speak English and are courteous. On an occasion I arrived back at the hotel from my excursion, it was raining, the security doorman arrived to the car ASAP with a umbrella to cover my daughter and myself – such a beautiful gesture.

*The hotel has two restaurants, Moroccan and Italian, which I did not use due to being away during the day. We also had a menu, where we could order food to the room, via the telephone in the room.

The only downside was the airport is nearby and the planes fly overhead, but this did not bother me as it was not too bad. I would recommend this hotel and will be booking again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Muzy61
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Rude staff, horrible service, I was interrogated as of why I travelled on my own!!!! Ridiculous. Overcharged me, took more money off my card than they had to, dirty bathroom and balcony covered in bird poo. No words for that... Should close down.

Room tip: Find another hotel
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Inna H
Reviewed 30 April 2018

From the moment we arrived the staff were very friendly and welcoming.
The room was lovely, very clean with plenty of space and a great view of a lovely garden area. It had a big tv that had English channels and a good size fridge, there was no kettle but this is quite common in a lot of hotels so I was prepared for this and had brought my travel kettle. The breakfast selection was great, they had a continental option with cold meats, cheeses etc, there was a choice of hot food including every type of egg you can imagine along with a chef who prepared you a fresh omelette or pancake, there were various different types of breads along with delicious pastries, you also had the option of fresh juice, coffee and not forgetting the delicious mint tea, the breakfast staff couldn't do enough for you and were always smiling.
The pool was nice and big with plenty of sun loungers although on the downside it was very cold so I only got in once for about 10 minutes but I put that down to the time of the year and the size of it as I would imagine it takes a lot to heat a pool that size. It's not too bad for a swimmer but not ideal for small children.
The hotel hasn't got lots of shops nearby but there are still a few places to eat and a supermarket where you can buy whatever you want for the room. If you want to go into Marrakesh they offer a free shuttle bus or it is only around £5/6 in a taxi.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kerry O
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Having spend three horrible days and nights at this so called “five star” hotel , I can only advise this: avoid at all cost. The rest of our traveling companions had to change rooms upon arrival, due to severe electrical and plumbing issues. Our room had also a different issue every day, but the major one was the dirt.
The biggest issue though, was the quality of the food. They served us dinner in a room with faulty electrical doors that stayed half open and allowed the cold air to fill the room. Upon our complain they put a child chair in front of the one!!!!
Food was burnt and of limited variety and quality. The same scenario continued in the breakfast. Only after strong complaints they changed us room, but the food remained tragic all the same.
I can go on writing, filling pages about the bad attitude and minimal English that most of the staff were speaking, but I think that I made a point. Also the location is far from Medina, but there is a shuttle-bus service every hour. Cabs are cheap but you have to bargain the fair in advance, which is 50 drm. to get to the Mosque.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple