Riad Reves D'orient
USD 1,141*
Hotels.com
USD 555*
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbelly dancingmint teacooking classwarm hospitalityjemaa ellate at nightyogurtchicken taginesquaremoroccomedinasalahjamsraid
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

We came to Marrakech for our honeymoon. I was a little unsure on how to get to the Riad at first. But out of the blue Samira contacted me and offered to send a taxi to meet us at the train station and take us to the Riad. Upon arriving at the Riad we were greeted by Samira and crew. Our bags were taken to our wonderfully comfortable and clean room. We were offered Mint tea and some cookies, and then offered a guide, Munir, to take us to a restaurant. The entire time we were there the staff was more then friendly and accommodating. This was the highlight of our trip. We are already recommending this place to our friends

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This ryad is exceptionally well located (once you find it) near the souks and within very easy walking distance to the Place Jemaa el Fna. It is one of the most charming and luxurious ryads we stayed in during our 3-week visit to Morocco, with a wonderfully warm and helpful staff (including helping with dietary restrictions at breakfast). We would definitely recommend it to friends and stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank An0nym0us4
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here during late June early July. We couldn't have asked for more. We we're treated like royalty. The owners sister looked after us throughout are stay, and was just so sweet and attentive. The breakfast was extravagant and scrumptious. The riad itself was truly beautiful. It was obvious so much time had been invested in the interior. One evening we got back after dinner and wanted a dip in the jacuzzi, they rushed to turn it on and gave us complementary robes along with a pot of green tea. This was a much needed retreat after the maze of souks. At the end of our stay she arranged us our Bus to our next destination, her son also guided us to the taxis and negotiated a far price. I can honestly say this is the best places I've stayed. Highly recommended to everyone

Room Tip: We were the only ones there bar one evening, and she showed us the other rooms. I imagine there would be no probably to change rooms. All of which are beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I spent a couple of nights in this riad. My room was wonderful and the bathroom was a good size and included amenities such as a hairdryer (not all riads have them), lovely rose scented soap and fluffy towels. The bed was very comfortable, the riad was quiet and I slept very well there.
I had breakfast on the lovely roof terrace one day and another day on the ground floor just so I could experience the different areas of the riad; all where delightful. I felt very at home here and would not hesitate to recommend this riad.
The main square is only about 10 minutes away and I suggest that the first time you go there from the riad, ask one of the staff to walk you there so you know how to get around the streets of the medina. ALL medinas can be a challenge at first but once you get the hang of the streets and look for your landmarks of where to turn it is easy. Also take the address card from the riad and their phone # in case you need to call and ask for help to get back. There are public phone boxes in the main square. Day one I was a little turned around and missed my turn off to get back to the riad but I asked someone for directions and they helped; I had walked 10 feet past the turn off. I felt silly but the locals where very helpful. After day one I was easily able to find my way to the square, back to the riad and to a few other places. My trick is to take a photo of a landmark at each turn so I have something to reference should I need to. Luckily I didn't need to but doing this made me take notice of my surroundings. It is also helpful in any medina in any city to hire a guide for a couple of hours so they can show you around and help you get acquainted with the area.
On the main lane near this road is a great restaurant called Cafe Arabe. Fabulous for lunch or dinner.
In summation, Samira and her family will take care of you at Riad Reves D'orient and I hope you enjoy your stay there as much as I did. I will stay there again when I visit Marrakech.
I spent 13 days traveling around the country of Morocco so if you need any help or suggestions, please message me.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank cultdiva
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I recently stayed at this Riad for a night and have to say was very disappointed given our previous experience with a Riad in Marrakech. The room we were was so dark you could barely see anything in the room. The rooms are clean, but on the whole it is extremely overpriced for what it has to offer. Don't bother with the 'spa', I would find an actual spa where there are trained masseuses. Their 'pool' is just a jacuzzi on the roof. The upside is that the staff is lovely, and it is located close to the souks and the main square.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family