All reviews airport transfer one night patrick hosts medina
Reviewed 14 February 2016

The good: This is a clean place, with a good shower and plenty of hot water. The room was adequate for me and my two daughters. It is in a good location - being in the centre of the medina and only a 15 minute walk from the square. The map that you are given when you arrive is very helpful - it has the location of Riad Morganne identified, and the mobile phone numbers of both the owners in case you get lost. Thoughtful!
The bad: The wifi is poor. The breakfast is awful - but you are 'warned' by Patrick (the owner) that it is included in the price, and you will be charged for it, whether or not you eat it! There was a €3 charge for an additional breakfast, but we found better for €2.50 a short walk from the riad, so we went for that option instead. The drunk who lives next door and who terrified my eleven-year old daughter was something we could have done without, but I realise that drunk neighbours are not something the owners of the riad have any control over (but a warning would have been nice).
The ugly: We didn't feel like we were welcome - more that we were tolerated. I was also quite annoyed that I was not told, at the point of booking, about the extra charges - such that a stay I was confident I was paying €210 for, actually cost me €299. It's a big difference for a single mother of two on a student budget!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2014

Really lovely Riad just a short walk away from the main square.
You are greeted by a warm welcome and traditional tea whilst completing the booking paperwork followed by a some very helpful advice and directions for the city.
The rooms are lovely and clean with a authentic feel for Moroccan living.
It is worth asking the Riad to arrange an airport transfer as it is a little difficult to find the Riad the first time, but by your second walk you will be walking the alleys like a local; and when we did loose our way the local children were lovely and remembered us and pointed us back in the right direction.

The breakfast is lovely and just what you need to get you going for the day ahead of you.
Staff are all super friendly and very helpful but french and Arabic is there strongest tongue but really do try with English..

If you want great value for money and an authentic feel this place is perfect and will not disappoint.

Date of stay: November 2014
1  Thank Angeline Y
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This road was a great value option. The room we had was pretty big, nice decor, very clean and the shower was really good. Our room was cleaned daily. AC worked and bed was great.
The hosts were very helpful, and they arranged an airport transfer which I recommend because the riad is difficult to find first time whilst hauling luggage. We felt very comfortable using the terrace and coming/going whenever we pleased.
It is in a safe area and walking distance to the souk and main square, but not in an overly-touristy area which was nice.
A basic morroccan breakfast was served on the nice terrace: drinks, bread, jam and pastries.
Overall it was a pleasant surprise in the centre of Marrakesh and a very comfortable stay. I would recommend it if you want to spend $50-60 a night.

Date of stay: June 2014
1  Thank AnnaSydney26
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

This is a really pretty Riad! Although it's position in the heart of Medina, it's a place to relax, with its terrace. The breakfast is yummy, and various. The staff is friendly and helpfull! We really enjoy the stay in this pretty hotel!

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nunu2212
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We were really pleased with our choice. My wife and I booked the Riad as a break away from our two young children.

We found the Riad to be extremely reasonably priced and quite comfortable. If you're expecting something plush, then this isnt for you, but considering the price we were very happy.
The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful. Breakfast was included and served on the Roof terrace each morning, which gave us the chance to connect to the free wi-fi and check in at home.

We were offered a very reasonably priced transfer from the Airport, they driver was there on time and very helpful, walking us through the alleys to the door.

Although they dont speak any english we were able to make ourselves understood, so we'd happily recommend this Riad to like minded friends. The only reason I did not give Riad Morgane 5 stars, is we found the bed in our room to be quite hard, but I guess that is personal preference.

Ross + Catherine

Room tip: If you dont like hard beds tell them, so they can offer you a good room.
Date of stay: March 2014