All reviews the main square the hustle and bustle minute walk warm hospitality mint tea on arrival useful information roof terrace little things jemaa el tagine taxi driver bernard hammam riad medina courtyard hosts
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I very rarely write reviews on TA but this time I feel the urge to warn future travelers against choosing this place. I have travelled all around the world, staying from budget to luxury hotels, but I’ve never experienced such a terrible level of customer service before.
The first issue happened when I arrived to the Riad. I arrived very late and got what I believe the worst room they have, without A/C and opening from the courtyard. The guy running the Riad seemed to be quite annoyed by my late arrival, although I called the Riad two weeks before my arrival to make sure it wouldn’t be an issue. He told me he didn’t know about it since he and his friend had just recently taken over the management of the place. This explains the excellent reviews other travelers awarded to the previous management. Clearly, things have changed to the worst possible.
Next morning, after complaining about the inferior quality and cheaper room I received, the guy offered me to move to a Moroccan Room, the one I initially booked, although refused to compensate me for the previous night.
Later in the afternoon, I had trouble with my mobile boarding pass, so I asked him to print it out for me. As a printer wasn’t available, he promised to print it out in an Internet cafe.
Next day, upon checking out at 9am, he told me, whilst lying drunk in the same bed I slept in first night, he had forgotten to print it out as he had arrived late from a night out. If I had known he wasn’t going to do what I believe is an expectable favor from a hotel, I could have done it myself the previous day, instead of being charged €15 at the airport by a budget airline. Totally lazy and unhelpful attitude!!!
Then I gave him a phone number to call the taxi company I took from the airport. After roughly 45 minutes wasted waiting for the taxi, he said the company offers bad service and he cannot do anything about it, although I managed to call the same company from the airport, without any knowledge of Berber/Arabic/French. What an unacceptably rude and unhelpful attitude once again!!!
Considering the likelihood of missing my flight at noon, I had no other option but to ask for the Riad’s official transfer which was €15 for a 15-minute drive, which is roughly double than what I’d pay in Budapest for a similar ride. Clearly, the Riad takes a hefty commission from their transfer service, hence they are unwilling to arrange a different taxi.
All in all, I advise everybody to STAY AWAY from this place, unless you want your stay to be ruined by horrible customer service by rude and unhelpful staff.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank Bence P
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We couldn't have asked for a better Riad to stay in. The two hosts are such friendly guys, brilliant with kids. Superb breakfast. Great wifi. Close to main square (the walk to it is really good!) They allowed us to relax in their sitting area until our transfer back to essaouria later in the day. If you are coming to marrakech - stay here!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Riad Menzeh for two nights whilst in Marrakesh and loved it.
It is located in a quiet part of the medina but is close to all the great attractions. The staff are welcoming and warm and we were offered a lovely fruit plate when we arrived late at night. The rooms are spacious, clean and decorated beautifully.We had the address loaded on google maps prior to arriving to prevent any hassle from finding the location. All in all a great stay and we will be recommending the Riad to all our friends and family visiting Marrakesh. They will also go out of their way to accommodate any special requirements such as an early breakfast due to an early departure.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Located 10mins from the main square by foot, this riad is great especially if you want to see where/how the locals shop. The rooms are clean & comfortable. Wifi worked well. Breakfast was more than adequate. Their coffee is devine!!! Riccardo is charming, friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Wasnt expecting too much. Was really hard to find. Without my husband, who speaks arabic, I think we would still be wandering around the old city looking for this place for days. Not well marked.
On the positive. The place itself is really nice. Great hospitality. The room was nice and AC worked great. The big winner was the bathroom. Nice addition. Would recommened if willing to spend a bit of time walking and hunting for the location!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple