Imperial Plaza Hotel
USD 125*
Travelocity
USD 736*
Cancelon
All reviewsrooftop poolchoose this hotelatlas mountainspancakeswonderful cityquiet areafresh towelsan excursionmedinaolivessquare
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I spent 5 unfortunate nights in this hotel in May 2012.

The hotel is unclean, there are large maintenance problems that are not addressed or considered by the management team. Nadia, the front of house manager has an appauling attitude towards guests and was of no help whatsoever during my stay at the hotel. I ovverheard many conversations on the roof terrace regarding her attitude and lack of concern towards guests.

There were lights floating in the pool, plug sockets hanging out of the wall, holes in the bedroom walls, smelly drains..... you get the picture.

Room Tip: Dont Book!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank JNeedham1987
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I am just back from a weeks holiday with my friends staying at the Imperial Plaza. It is with total truth the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. On arrival we were greeted by the house manager Nadia in a terribly shabby lobby. She promised an amazing stay and her first line was to give a great review on trip advisor! She was awful and her interpretation of customer service is laughable. Her staff were worse and couldn't be bothered most of the time -hanging up the phone when we asked for glasses for our room, smoking at the desk, laughing when we asked questions....awful! We had paid for half board but only ate one breakfast. The food was revolting - covered in flies and the birds were flying around the breakfast room, going to the toilet on the tables! The rooms were ok but all the electrical sockets were hanging off the wall and the towels were grey. The only saving grace was the cleaners of the rooms were ok and the barman at the pool was lovely. The pool room terrace was lovely on initial impression but on closer inspection not that great. Lights hanging off wires in the pool, no shaded areas and really poor lunch food. The final straw was when we asked Nadia to call us a taxi seconds after we checked out she demanded 800 dirhams for the privilege as we were no longer guests! Morocco is beautiful and we loved Marrakech nd will defibately return but in to the Imperial Plaza!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kirsty H
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Just spent 3 night at this hotel ,bedrooms were good, but the reception area had to be desired. We were staying on a halfboard bases, therefore had breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was very limited, thank god there was least the fresh eggs counter. Evening dinner was very limited and not much food on the table we kept on having to ask them to bring out more food.

I would rate this hotel 3 stars only.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2012

A family hotel about 3 km from the big square Jemaa el Fna. It´s walking distance if you do´nt have kids otherwise it only costs about 40 Dirhams for a taxi and bus nr1 also passes right outside if you rather like to go on that. The staff is friendly and the pool area is nice. They provide spa treatments and the breakfast buffe´ is ok. There are a few small supermarkets nearby and the hotel provides a small refrigerator in the room. We also booked a few tours via the hotel. The area is not very central and there is no nightlife and few restaurants around but as i said before it is only walking distance. The traffic in Marrakech is insane so I thought it was better to not be right in the middle of it :). I´m very pleased with my stay in Marrakech and Hotel imperial plaza! I did not travel with Apollo, don´t know why it says so and I can´t seem to change it. Ticket was the agency I used anyways ;)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Apollo
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The hotel staff were most helpful and pleasant. The star of the hotel is Nadia. Nadia really makes an effort to engage with all guests and gave fantastic tips about where to go and the cost of taxis, this was invaluable guidance. Thank you Nadia. The breakfast was very good, fresh, in abundance and made use of the local produce.

The room was very spacious, it could have benefited from a little more dusting, but the dust I think blows in from the mountains each day, everywhere in Marrakech is a little dusty, its the nature of the geography. The bathroom was very clean and spacious. I would stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel away from the nightclub which does not close until 6am!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family