2,536 results
All reviews pool bar moroccan restaurant atlas mountains garden view head concierge all inclusive package beautiful hotel smaller pool pool staff free shuttle guest relations rooms are large shuttle service main restaurant plenty of sunbeds relaxing break pool side
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Just about to leave this hotel after a fab week away with my partner. At check in we were greeted by a lovely man called Ahmed, who, after seeing our rings guessed we were newly married, he was correct. Ahmed quickly upgraded us to a beautiful suite and wished us a wonderful stay.
We then were escorted to the room which was beautiful and much bigger than we needed! The view of the pool and grounds were also lovely. Rooms were cleaned and beds made with fresh sheets and towels daily.
Breakfast was great, good selection for all tastes. They have toast, eggs, cereals, some sweet things, Pastries and then some more European things such as meats and cheeses. There is coffee, tea and juice. Always full up after!
Lunch again was brilliant. There was again a huge selection of hot meats, pastas, rolls, fish, vegetables, salad....I could go on. We were filled up! You can also have Moroccan tea and little favours (see staff section below). We dined at the al la cart also and this was again to a high standard and delicious with good selection.
Dinner again was brilliant. Big selection of food and sweet treats! I honestly was surprised at how fresh the food was and picked a variety of things to choose, all lovely. We dined at the Italian restaurant also which was very good!! Moroccan themed night at the hotel on Friday was amazing, delicious food and great entertainment!!
Now for the staff...I had read previous reviews about staff not being friendly or not speaking English etc. I can honestly say this is untrue. Every member of staff we spoke to was lovely, friendly, attentive and efficient. They always had service with a smile and very good at their job!
Nearly every morning and lunch time Monsif served us. He was excellent. Friendly and attentive! He suggested Moroccan tea and chocolates which were delicious. He really went that extremely mile in making us feel welcome and made our holiday even more special.
Lhoucine at the pool bar and then at the Moroccan dinner was awesome. Super friendly, super bubbly and just so lovely! Again making an extra effort to make our holiday even more special.
Even the staff members we didn't normally see, maybe 1 or 2 times at lunch/dinners were so friendly! Mohammed again super friendly, and another very friendly man who I never seen his name tag to give him credit! Also Hassan at the bar, friendly and warm every evening! All in all fantastic staff!!
I also would highlight that the staff speak very good English as well as French and their native language. I don't know why other reviews say they don't but they honestly make a good effort to communicate with you. Personally I feel some guests did not treat the staff with enough respect, a please and thank you goes a long way....and a smile!! Every person we spoke to or smiled at returned it with a warm gesture. It's nice to be nice after all!
Only disappointing comment I have is that your all inclusive status is not valid after check out which is a shame. Really we didn't arrive until 10pm on the previous Saturday and left at 5pm today so really feel it should have been extended to include lunch. Nearly dropped a star for that but the staff and the kindness shown this holiday bumped them up again!
Will be back I'd say (with an earlier flight!) thank you so much for having us!

4  Thank A D
kenzimenarapalace, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Dear Alexandra,

Thank you for your comment that you have wanted to share with travelers on the tripadvisor.

Im delighted to have had the privilege to welcome you to kenzi Menara Palace.

Thank you for your All appréciation about the Hotel.

your satisfaction is our main goal hence our interest to your comments and suggestions to improve the quality of our service.

Looking forward to having the great pleasure to welcome you again soon,

Best regards

Ibtissam JAMILI

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

We arrived early, easy check in and was shown to our room immediately.... We were pleasantly surprised as they upgraded us to an amazing suit.... Later in the day hotel staff brought us some water and sweet treats very nice ..... We asked staff where to go and they pointed us in the direction of the amazing Sheriff, he is the head concierge and a fountain of good information... He is very helpful and funny with a variety of accents.... We are hoping to upgrade to all inclusive tomorrow as I think that is the better deal....the pool is massive and yes it's cold but when basking in the sun the coldness is just what u need to cool you down..... Would definitely recommend this hotel and already planning my return visit

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
kenzimenarapalace, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Dear valuable guest,

We are so delighted to know that our hotel could exceed your expectations and helped you to relax, we are also delighted to know that you’ve appreciated the all services and our staff.

Cherif, Chief Concierge, eagerly awaits your next stay and gives you an appointment for a good jogging.

All the team of Kenzi Menara Palace hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon!

Kind regards

Ibtissam JAMILI

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed In this hotel the first week in May. Rooms huge & could not fault the housekeeping. However, the 2 single beds for the kids were very uncomfortable & they ended up sleeping in our bed..so never got a good nights sleep. Food was extremely good & something for everybody. Only problem birds had free reign & were flying in & swooping on tables & leaving their dirty droppings everywhere. I also found it amazing that a tray of uncovered cakes were placed on a table in the poolside bar in the late afternoon ... The birds had a field day!!! Very very unhygienic . Also be warned allinclusive is not until after 3pm at the pool bar but they will happily hand you the bill when you have eaten. There should be a sign up to warn people it's very misleading. Another thing, allinclusive drinks are awful. The smallest bottle of San Miguel beer that's gone in one mouthful & the same white wine every day!! No variety!! On the second last day of our holiday my son developed earache which I believe was due to untreated pool water. I never once saw any member of staff checking the water or taking a sample away. The night we landed home my son ended up in hospital with severe earache & has been off school ever since. My second child also developed it too & both are on antibiotics. Would I return to this hotel... Absolutely NOT.. even if I was offered free accommodation. The most disappointing holiday ever. And before I forget just to let allinclusive visitors know the bar staff ignore you as much as they can when they see you wearing a blue wristband.. Cash is king in this hotel !! Be warned!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Sprattb
Reviewed 21 May 2016

We have thoroughly enjoyed our weeks stay on an all inclusive basis. The hotel is very clean, comfortable and smells amazing throughout!! The staff have been friendly particularly the pool attendant and the coincierge Cherif.
Would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing break, good weather, nice hotel and all round great value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2016

Just returned from a 8 night stay at Kenzi Menara Palace.
We choose this Hotel after reading all the good reviews on Trip Advisor so we thought it would be a good Hotel as we have never visited Morocco before.
Reception/Lobby area looked very nice as we entered & the check in was quick & easy.
Our room was nicely decorated & very spacious with a large bathroom but we were given a room with twin beds!
So we informed the front desk of this & they said that they would sort it out,that never happened.
It took 2 more days & 2 more visits to reception to finally get housekeeping to sort it out.Their solution was to put both single beds together!!
Also in the room we only had one coffee cup & no milk for the tea or coffee.
Another day we came back to our room to find that we had only been left 1 bath towel.
All these are minor issues but are very annoying as they are pretty basic requirements that you expect to be right for a 5 star Hotel.
As we were All Inclusive we thought it was strange that you could not eat at the pool bar until 3pm but you could eat there from 12.30pm if you paid for it.This is not All Inclusive as i know it.

Now for our biggest moan about this Hotel which nobody seems to mention on here..

BIRDS FLYING ABOUT IN THE BUFFET RESTAURANT.

On our first day we visited the buffet restaurant at lunch time.I sat down with my food & suddenly a bird crashed into the inside window sending feathers flying & narrowly missing my plate.This put us off straight away as we also saw the birds pecking at all the uncovered food in the buffet.NONE of the staff or management seemed bothered about this.
If you fancy eating in an Aviary then fair enough but if this was back in England then it would be a major concern for the Enviromental Health & they would soon close you down.& when choosing something to eat in there you often wondered if the birds had beaten you to the food!
We also found the quality of food in the buffet restaurant is very poor,bland & not very warm.
Breakfast is not much better either after trying a raw omelette on our first morning,they could not even get that right & i ended up having cereals most mornings.
Because of our issue with the birds & the poor quality of food in the buffet,we ate in the Italian 5 nights out of the 8 & enjoyed all the meals in there, as the food was always hot & cooked to order & the service by Noureddine was excellent.
During our stay there seemed to be a large amount of men in suits(management?) walking around doing nothing.also found many of the staff were not that friendly & quite miserable.
Hotel pianist & singer was cringe worthy but at least we always found the funny side of it.
We are not a fussy couple by any means but and we always look for positives rather than negatives & have gave a truely honest opinion of this Hotel & still cannot believe some of the reviews on here.
Would be go back?Definitely not.

4  Thank Paul C