All reviews mint tea the main square royal palace the ground floor hot tub minute walk plunge pool rooms are clean great place to stay dinner reservations pancakes central courtyard couple of nights stayed for nights the hustle and bustle an oasis heart of marrakech
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We are just home from our stay in Marrakesh at Riad Anya and we could not have asked for more. Greeted by the very friendly Jamila from our taxi and given a good introduction/tips about the city with a delicious pot of mint tea. All the staff were extremely welcoming, friendly and trustworthy. We particularly built a good friendship with Mbarak who was at the Riad 24/7 whilst we were there and served us breakfast everyday and refreshments every evening. You can ask for drinks throughout the day, I believe mostly chargeable besides tea. They also serve wine.
The rooms are clean and cosy and the shared areas are beautiful. There is a very relaxed vibe and it is a great haven away from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. We spent a lot of time on the terrace too which is a great spot to catch some sun.
We also booked a camel excursion through the Riad which was fun.
If you book you will not be disappointed.

Just a few suggestions for improvements which include;
-Option of a lighter fruit/yoghurt breakfast (the breakfast provided was delicious but mostly bread, pancakes, cake etc. which after a few days was a bit heavy on the stomach)
-Sunbeds mostly not very comfortable for prolonged periods of time - could do with some thicker cushion pads and also more frequent washing (quite a few little bird droppings on the cushions).

Whilst we were visiting quite a few changes were being made - new seating etc. so I expect it will only get better (which will be difficult as we already think Riad Anya is fantastic).

Jess and Mike

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RiadAnya, Propriétaire at Riad Anya, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Thank you for your comment.
I spoke with sanna , the cooker, and I will propose same food with salt for the breakfast ! The sunbeds will be change next week.
I hope to see you again at riad Anya
Annie and all the staff

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights with our kids who are 7, 9 and 11. The riad is beautiful, gorgeous rooms and shared areas, and a rooftop with great views of Koutobia and the medina roofs. The staff in the riad were very friendly and welcoming to the kids, but also laid back and relaxed - whenever we needed anything they were there to help. The kids loved picking their favourite reading places, the sheltered sofas on the roof, and the plunge pool which was fantastic after being in the heat outside. The area thAt the riad is in is very quiet, and there are little shops for bread and water etc around the corner. It's a very different atomosphere from the craziness of the touristy areas, very peaceful. The location is brilliant - 5 mins from the souks, koutoubia, the Saadien tombs, the palace etc. It's also only 5 mins by taxi to the new town, and only 10 or 15 mins from the airport. We loved it and would stay here again for sure.

Trip type: Travelled with family
RiadAnya, Propriétaire at Riad Anya, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you ! We hope to see you again !!
Best regards
Kiss to your children
Annie , jamila, Aicha, sanna, Barak,hafida

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Thank you for allowing us to stay at your facility. Our time was shared between arrival on Sunday the 2nd and myself and my brother then split up to each do their own tour of Morocco over the 3 days then coming back to the Riad on the 5th. The place I must say looks absolutely amazing, really got the feel of Morroco and the decor made me feel what I had intended when I came there. The staff was great and did everything to make us feel welcomed. We did have bit of a glitch with the bookings that saw us changing rooms but it was fun cause we got to experience 3 different rooms. The noise could be bit of a problem if kids in the pool but nothing to really complain much about it. Was disappointed that one couldn't use the roof top terrace after certain hours though. I enjoy being outdoors and I am not much of a sleeper and I would have enjoyed that. The suppers we got to arrange with the staff was good but the breakfast I really with could be improved a bit. Despite all of this I do intend coming back with my family very soon and will definitely be recommending this place to others

Trip type: Travelled with family
RiadAnya, Propriétaire at Riad Anya, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Thank you for your remarks.
The breakfast is Moroccan and is essentially sweetened. When you will return, do not hesitate to tell us what would please you. The small terrace about which you speak is above a room. For the respect for the customers of this room, we ask to our other customers not to rise at night. On the other hand, there is a big terrace where you can pleasantly stroll, even at night
We are happy to know that you will return at our Riad Anya
Annie and all the staff of the riad Anya

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I booked this riad for a girly weekend trip to marrakesh and wasnt really sure what to expect. I had'nt stayed in a riad before and was apprehensive. However i had no need to be. We were greeted by jamila and made to feel comfortable. The riad is located in the medina andnot far from the main square and koutubia mosque. I prebooked the transfer with the hotel abd strongly reccomend this. Once you know where the riad is it is easy to find.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. If you are looking for in room tvs etc you wont find it here but to be honest we didnt need this therefore didnt miss it. The bathrooms could do with a little updating but in all very much good value for money.
The service from the staff was excellent and i couldnt really fault it. They were friendly attentive and always greeted us warmly. Whenever we came back from our excursions and walks - barakat would make us a nice pot of mint tea. In fact whatever we required the staff would endeavour to meet.
If you are looking for somewhere to stay that convenient, local and gives you good value for money then i highly reccomend this place. Jamila is very helpful and gave us alot of good advice the day we arrived.
The best way to explore marrakesh is to just get out there and walk. We did that and enjoyed it very much.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Yasminkhayyam
RiadAnya, Propriétaire at Riad Anya, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Thank you for your comment and your remarks which always advance us.
Through your photos, the readers of TripAdvisor can see your satisfaction
Best regards
Annie and all the staff of riad Anya

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

The riad seems really nice until you realize that unfortunately there are thieves working there. We booked our stay at Riad which is next to this one but since they had some techno problems in the room, we were sent to this one instead. The manager is really nice and friendly, rooms are clean BUT when it comes to the staff, they can get really unfriendly if you don't tip them enough + when we left , the day after we realized that 60 euros were gone from my wallet and we didn't touch them since the first day when we came here.
So just a reminder- remember to keep your personal valuables in a safe , but if you want trustworthy people, don't go there!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RiadAnya, Propriétaire at Riad Anya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

We take time to answer your amazing comment. My husband and I were in the riad during your stay, we shared pleasant discussions with you and you ever told us everything was ok. I remind to you that you didn't want the staff to clean your room and you kept the key with you during the two nights stay and you did'nt use the safe.My husband could'nt change a candle in you room because it was closed. The staff didn't ask you for any tip but just to pay for the bottle of wine and the second dîner not included in the reservation but that you tried to get for free. I remember you told me that you were going to Merzouga desert after you stay in our riad and it is on returning from Merzouga that you declare you had money stollen by our staff, it's amazing ! We are working with our staff from 10 years and they have nice comments from clients from many years. We are very proud to work with them, they are very respectful with clients and your comment is totally dishonest.