“Amazing Thai food in an unexpected place!”
Review of Maison Moi Anan

Maison Moi Anan
Ranked #10 of 259 Restaurants in Fes
Price range: USD 9 - USD 17
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Maison Moi Anan is an authentic place, tastefully elaborated to receive guests in an intimate setting. Fashion designer and cook Anan Sorsutham, concocts traditional Thai dishes "like at home" , real Thai home cooking that is rarely found in other Asian restaurants.
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

After a week in Morocco, one can become tired of the tajine and couscous. When starting to search for other types of cuisine, I stumbled upon this restaurant. We were hesitant to try Thai food so far from Thailand and in Fez, Morocco nonetheless but we took a chance and it paid off! The wife of the owner is from Thailand and knows what she’s doing. We ordered the Panang Beef and the chicken and green beans with chili sauce, and had a cold beer (also rare). We are only here for 3 nights but we might end up here again.

1  Thank SM9789

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I spent 2 days in Fes with my sister and wanted a change from the typical Moroccan food. We found this place and it took us by surprise how GOOD the food here was!! Not just that, it was one of the few places in the Medina that served wine. On top of that, the staff was so nice - especially Mehdi who was so lovely and attentive! We regretted not finding this place sooner, otherwise would have definitively gone back!

To summarize the pros:
Great food with great veggie menu!
Serve delicious wine
Great service
Great location
No cons :)

1  Thank Cmecozzi
Reviewed 26 May 2018

In Fes the culinary scene is all about Tajines.
Moroccans are very true to their own kitchen so there aren't many 'exotic' cuisines to be found.

Since I wanted a change from all the tajines I decided to check out Maison Moi Anan.
It's a bit hidden away in one of the backstreets of the Medina but there's clear signage so you'll get there without too much trouble.

Menu is your standard Thai offering, soups, curries and the likes.
You get a stack of cards with photos of all the dishes on them and give the waiter the cards of what you would like to order.

I had a spicy sea food soup. Generous portion and very tasty.
Recommended!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I eat here last night and without doubt it was the most delicious food I have eaten all year. Not just the best food of my entire 3 week trip of Morocco, no, but the best food I have had eaten this year anywhere. The Tom Kha Gai (chicken soup) was the standout dish, simply divine! Followed closely was the Panang Beef, delicious. We also had the Pad Thai which was lovely. Good service, hospitality and location but for the taste alone, I highly recommend Maison Moi Anan.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

When we went, the food we got was pretty good for Thai in Morocco, but the service completely ruined our experience. It seemed the only front of house staff was playing host, waiter, and busser for the whole restaurant, and as a result we had to really make an effort to even get an order in. When it came tome to pay as well, the card machine was broken and caused a backup of customers. We agreed to pay cash after waiting for 15 minutes for the waiter to run our card, just to be done with it. Of course, we found out afterwards that they charged our card anyway, so we effectively paid twice. Would not recommend.