All reviews yasmina suite tamarind suite rooftop terrace the ground floor private balcony high ceilings highlight of our trip call to prayer public spaces carved plaster tile work an oasis beautiful riad four nights yogurt beautiful room cooking class
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Booked for two nights while touring Morocco, absolutely brilliant! Stayed in the Tamarind suite, loved it! Breakfast great and also had dinner one night (reserve a table while booking your room, as it's very popular with visitors to Fes, we nearly didn't get a table but Zac sorted it all out for us). Brilliant all round from the terrace to watch the sun go down over Fes, to innovated menu and luxurious suites - don't miss the experience!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shirley68
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed four nights, arriving from NZ, to meet a friend who was visiting from France. Before we arrived, communication with the manager, Zak, was excellent. Zak had warned me against individuals on the train to Fes trying to sell guided trips with "official tour guides" - I had the pleasure of meeting
one such well dressed, seemingly helpful
businessman. Fortunately, as I was pre warned, I had my wits about me.
The riad is stunning and all staff extremely friendly and helpful. Head out into the magical alleyways, don't worry about getting lost as a small tip to someone will guide you back to the peace and quiet of your new home. If preferring a guide, this can all easily be arranged by the Riad.
All rooms have been immaculately decorated and do find out about the huge task that faced the young American owner as she set about restoring the Dar. Huge respect to her.
The food - both breakfast and dinner, was excellent.
We would love to come back, didn't want to leave and now back home I wonder how long it will take to transform my Ikea furniture with a slap of paint and some colourful tiling......
Thank you Dar Roumana.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank NicolaT2207
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Stunning riad in the old Medina of Fez. Easy to get to... and they will send someone to meet you at the gate. The staff at Dar Roumana effortlessly bends over backwards to anticipate your every need, but not in a stuffy way... in a very warm fashion. The riad is drop dead gorgeous in it’s public spaces... you’ll want to dine here, maybe by the fireplace and soak in your luxurious surroundings. The rooms are just as gorgeous... heard the Yasmine Suite is the one to have. Tile and color abounds... what are you waiting for?!? Just go!!

1  Thank thonanc
Reviewed 19 March 2018

An extremely enjoyable stay in a lovely small Riad with wonderful period features. The Yasmina suite offered a huge beautiful room with balcony, and the roof terrace, superb views over the Medina. But what makes this Riad so special is the staff, who were so professional, pleasant, attentative and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble to make it such a memorable stay. Not forgetting the restaurant, which was equally impressive!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We loved our stay at Dar Roumana! It's really beautiful and actually I don't think the photos capture it. When you're there in person the tile work and decor is just stunning. Plus there's a lovely rooftop with a great view of Fes as well!

We stayed in the Roumana Suite which is on the ground floor and we loved it. Really spacious, great bathroom, and it was nice to not have to go up and down stairs (there's a LOT of that when staying at riads in Morocco).

We had dinner there as well and it was one of the best meals we had in Morocco! I highly recommend!

Date of stay: February 2018