All reviews rooftop bar junior suite beautiful lobby main lobby gorgeous hotel an oasis the hotel manager common areas inner courtyard moroccan style narrow streets three nights tagine call to prayer tile work spent nights tour guide
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This was my favorite Riad in Morocco - it's incredibly beautiful! It's a number of individual mansions, beautifully combined so when you walk through the hotel each part (the spa, the pool area, the lobby, the wine bar, etc.) feels like a different aesthetic, but blends seamlessly. Our favorites were the pool area and the rooftop bar, which had a panoramic view of the medina coupled with excellent, speedy, friendly service and great cocktails. There are a lot of stairs, but there's an elevator to the top if you prefer it, and the rooms are immaculate and modern. The location was also key - right at the beginning of the medina, within walking distance to everything. Finally, the riad was also incredibly helpful in responding to inquiries and sending recommendations in advance of our stay. Recommended!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JournalKat7
Reviewed 24 August 2017

There is a lot about this riad to really like. A wow entrance. Beautiful atriums. A spectacular rooftop lounge overlooking the medina. A good bar and a nice small pool. Given the age of medina (dating back to the 9th century), this is the perfect oasis for relaxation after a long day of walking.

Breakfast is excellent, in a very nice dining room. Also, the service was attentive and very good.

We had two rooms, one for our two teenage kids, and one for us. Even got upgraded to a nicer suite because of Amex Fine Hotels, so definitely a treat. The only reason not five stars are our issues with the bathrooms. The shower door in our suite had clearly broken before and was poorly repaired. As a result, water leaked out into the bathroom leaving a large volume of standing water. Our kids had similar shower leaking issues. Not sure why that was not addressed, but otherwise, a five star hotel in all respects.

This riad is highly recommended. Just hope the room has a properly operating shower door.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeffrey M
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Our family enjoyed our stay at Riad Fes, the tile work is amazing, service impeccable, and the rooms are very unique; but if you are staying there be prepared to climb A LOT of stairs. There is a very odd little elevator, but frankly we thought it was kind of scary. The rooftop deck is not to be missed, amazing views of the medina especially as the moon is rising, breathtaking!! The pool was also a welcome spot after a hot day discovering the alleyways of Fes, but be prepared to wait for drink service at both locations. We finally discovered that it was best to order your drinks at the bar before heading to the roof or the pool to make sure you aren't waiting too long for service.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank GPPMom
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel has an elegant ambiance. It's truly breathtaking. You walk into the narrow medina streets and are immediately wowed by this hidden gem.

The property is pristine! The bold colours of fushia and royal blue make you feel like you are in a luxurious palace.

The staff is amazing. Our luggage got left behind in Canada at our connection. We landed in Casablanca and came straight to fes. The front desk was extremely helpful in helping us track it down. Anytime we asked them to call the airport or check in to see what the status was they were very prompt.

In addition to this they gave us toothpaste/tooth brush and any other toiletries we requested. Mohammed and Junior thank you for all you help with our luggage. We ended to getting our luggage on day 3. Having a gorgeous hotel with superior service helped diffuse the situation with our luggage.

This riad location is easy to get and out of. I would highly recommend this place!! Check out the pics below!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anj_Adventures
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I stayed two nights at Riad Fes in June. My room was stunning: both the high ceilings and stained glass arch above the door were breathtaking. The decor is modern and elegant. The lobby is gorgeous. More important than the hotel itself, were the incredibly warm and kind employees. Junior checked me in and treated me like a valued guest throughout my stay. And I was so touched by Awa, the Manager: I struggled with heat illness while there and not only did she call me from her home one evening to check on me, she also packed a container of wet towels on ice for me to take for the road when I checked out. I was moved by the kindness and hospitality I experienced in Morocco in general, and the employees at Riad Fed stood out. I am already trying to determine when I can make another trip back and I will most certainly stay at Riad Fes again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo