All reviews wedding venue the hustle and bustle minute walk atlas suite guide medina morocco host
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I came with a friend and we have mixed feelings about this riad.
The overall experience was ok but a few things tarnished our stay:

1. The taxi was not waiting for us at the arrival whereas we asked for one by email (then the taxi we took got lost and we had to walk for more than 1h in the medina)
2. The area is not very touristic and we can’t do a thing without a guide
3. We had two visits, one of the medina with Idriss that I can’t recommend more, and another one of the Moyen Atlas that was really disappointing for the amount we paid (the cascade is surrounded by restaurants, the bédouine lady doesn’t not explain a thing, the town after is so touristic it looks like Disneyland etc ...)
4. We had a few misunderstandings with the lady at the front desk
5. It is impossible to pay by card at the end of your stay. I know it’s quite common in Morocco but not in hotels and even less when the hotel sends confirmation bookings where it is specified that they accept cards ... so we had to travel in town to take out a lot of cash (and pay a lot of fees) on the day of our plane which was not stressful and unpleasant.

Appart from this everyone from the staff was very nice, the room was exactly as we expected and the view from the terrace amazing.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2018

I am honestly floored by the overwhelmingly positive reviews of this riad. It is extremely out of the way from anything a tourist would want to see in Fes, in a terrible part of town (as noted by every taxi driver that dropped us off as well as some that refused to take us), and overpriced for the amenities offered.

The pros: our room was spacious, had an air conditioner that worked well, and had a king bed.

The cons: "Shampoo and conditioner" were a sample size Pantene packet, soap was a cheap bar of hand soap, the bathroom had no door to it -- only a curtain, the towels were stiff as boards, and the staff was only interested in providing service so long as you were tipping them or buying one of their over-priced tours / meals. The woman who received us upon reception tried to scare us from walking by ourselves in the city in an effort to sell us a guide. We managed just fine because we had to -- any decent restaurants were at least a 20-30 minute walk away. And as for the "pool" -- even in June the pool is too cold and it is indoors. You won't be using it.

This is not a 4 star hotel. It is a glorified hostel in a busy part of town that has little to offer.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

The Riad is lovely and the swimming pool looks fabulous! Ibrahim is a perfect host, really caring and helpful ! Thank you for thanking me and my mum out for dinner :) breakfast is a plus and it’s really tasty & typical!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

The is my fast and best visit to Morocco
I stay one week in riad Jamaica and I m never forget there hospitality and there support to me.Manley Mr ibrahim and mohammed they show me most historical place to fes.
Roney
Blackburn
Uk

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Riad Jamais is a marvellous little hotel, tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the Medina. Don't be put off by the outside - upon arrival it can look a little scary - but once inside you will be made to feel so welcome. Mohammed and his staff could not do enough to make our trip comfortable and enjoyable. He was a wealth of information, and went out of his way to be helpful. The room was a little small, and the bathroom only had a curtain, instead of a door, but it was clean and comfortable. Definitely great value for money and we would recommend staying here if this is your first visit to Fez.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family