All reviews mosaic room roof terrace four nights wonderful dinner decorated beautifully every morning first floor wonderful city spent nights tile work train station inner courtyard cooking class lovely riad amina dar host
Reviewed 4 November 2017

We stayed in several *great* hotels in Morocco, but this was our favorite. Amina and her staff are simply wonderful and do everything they can to make your stay in Fes comfortable and enjoyable. Even by the high standards of hospitality we encountered everywhere in Morocco, Dar Attajali stands out! The hotel itself is a masterpiece of traditional Moroccan craft; the restored original woodwork and tile work rivals much of what we saw in the museums. Finally, the food is the best we had in Morocco! The dinner we had the night of our arrival was so good, we ended up eating in the Dar two more times rather than going out. One tip: the hotel is hard to find, even, I think, by the standards of the Fes Medina. So for your first time going, definitely arrange with the hotel for a transfer. (Once you know where the hotel is, though, it's a great location.)

Room Tip: The Mauve room is luxurious!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jdkbrown
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Very comfortable and super clean. Also, when I arrived, the room I booked did not have AC. They were very nice about switching me to a different room, which turned out to be lovely (and the AC stood up to the crazy August heat). Breakfast was fresh and delicious.

Room Tip: The room on the first floor does not have AC. So if important to you, make sure you book a different room.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Svidrigailov
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Our family room was very beautiful with our own Hamam bathroom. Breakfasts were bountiful. Dinner of Beef Tagine with plum and the Pastilla was so good. The host, Amina and Mohammed were so helpful to us, especially our baby. They made our trip to Fez very convenient and memorable.

We also booked our tour of the Atlas Mountain through them. Please request for Rascid/Rajid as your driver. Very trustworthy and helpful. He will look for the best/cheapest deals, be it for big purchases or a small bottle of water.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Attajalli, Gérant at Dar Attajalli, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and for the interest in staying at Dar Attajalli, hope to meet you again.

Kind Regards.

Menderes

Reviewed 23 July 2017

What a wonderful experience...the Dar Attajalli is like a step back in time, with its beautiful original interiors and sympathetic restoration. I was left speechless upon stepping into the inner courtyard of the riad, richly decorated with colourful tiles and intricate carvings on the walls, boasting a gorgeous fountain near the entrance.

You can feel the history of this unique place, which was brought to life by our lovely hostess Amina and Mohammed. From the very start, my father and I were treated like old friends instead of guests, and both went to every effort to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

The warm welcome we received is something unique to the Dar Attajalli, and for me the people I meet on my travels are always, above all else, the very thing that make my trips memorable and special. Apart from Amina and Mohammed's hospitality, we relished every meal at the riad. The food here, as many others have said, is simply delicious. We enjoyed a variety of rich tagines, mouthwatering breakfasts full of local delicacies and lots of refreshing mint tea, of course.

I stayed in the Mauve room, while my father had the Orange room. Both were spacious, comfortable and exquisitely decorated. This riad lives up to its 'boutique' status, with meticulous attention to detail in the authentic, sumptuous furnishings and design. I didn't want to leave after our three days here were over - and I will be sure to return very soon. We both fell in love with the Dar Attajalli, which feels like a home from home. A big thank you to Amina and Mohammed for your kindness and generosity, we'll see you soon!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

I am so happy you spent great moments between us :) so lovely words. Amina and Mohamed share with your warmest greetings from Fez.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I stayed here for 3 nights in early July with my daughter. We occupied both the Orange and Mauve rooms which are situated on the first floor of the Riad, overlooking the beautiful inner courtyard. Each of the 5 guest rooms are individually themed, and adorned with tasteful furnishings.
I cannot praise the food highly enough and meals could be taken either in the courtyard or on the lovely roof terrace which offers great views of the Fez skyline and beyond.
Amina and Mohammed gave us a wonderful welcome and were always on hand to ensure everything went smoothly, from creating the meals to organising trips, taxi transfers etc. Nothing was too much trouble for either, and we left feeling more like friends rather than merely customers.
We WILL return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with our mutual guests, so happy you enjoyed your stay between us, hope to meet you again.

Kind Regards.