All reviews no elevator hassan ii overlooking the square local life mint tea walking distance third floor minute walk simple hotel rick's cafe two nights rooms are clean casa port station medina backpackers
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

This guesthouse is not the best one but good enough for a couples of nights. Rooms are quite old and showers too small but that’s not a biggie at all. It was close to train station (Casa Port), Hassan II Mosque and the centre ( United Nations square) and the price was good enough. Recommended for those who are looking for an affordable place to sleep and have breakfast included.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2018

This is my first review ever. Please do not go here. What a nightmare. I felt like someone was pranking me based on how horrible the service was at Hotel Central. I booked a room for a night and paid a deposit. When we arrived, Abdul, the man at the front desk, informed us that he gave away our room to somebody else. He didn't take responsibility for his inexcusable actions and it was scary to see someone be so insensitive. Such a terrible experience and I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kiran K
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

We got a free upgrade to the familyroom with 3 single beds and in a separate room with a queensized bed. Very friendly people. The breakfast was good, there is a playground 500 m away in the direction of Hassan Mosque, which is in walking distance.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2017

No, of course "Casablanca" wasn't filmed here but it carries a time-warp to the early 20th century. The building has seen better days but in a place without a big choice of budget hotels, it's not bad. In fact the winding staircase (minus lift/elevator) is one of its best points. The rooms are a bit basic and the service on the slapdash side but the setting is in a pleasant if somewhat run-down square in the medina (the youth hostel is here too) with an assortment of eccentric locals.

They serve continental breakfast, with a backing of pop music. Most of it is indifferent but I was treated to Santana's version of "She's not there"! If you're lucky you may get a room overlooking the Atlantic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the square, with the ocean beyond.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2017

The hotel looks old. I didn't feel like welcome when I was check-in. And I was put in a room on fourth floor, and by the way there's no elevator, just had to walk up the stairs with my luggage. To my surprise, the room was actually on the roof-top, which I got a feeling like it was a make-shift room. And when I came back at night, there was no light on that floor, which made it very difficult to unlock my room in the dark. Room was also small and didn't look as good as in the pictures. Glad I stayed only for one night.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo