All reviews new wing nice hotel short walk to the beach ocean view morocco mall la corniche restaurants and bars swimming pool enjoyable stay small balcony breakfast buffet superior room ain diab moroccan restaurant stayed one night nice breakfast train station
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The place is really nice. There are two buildings an old one and a new one. The one is very nice. Maybe too noisy if there is a wedding in the building adjacent. Bring ear plugs.

Staff is super.

Room Tip: Watch out for cab drivers that are out to charge you 50 Dirham for a 10 dirham trip. Ask them to use their meter and make sure it starts at 1.7 Dirham
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Marc4
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I am going to Val d'Anfa 2 days while I was in Casablanca. Very nice hotel, people are very nice. very good service! Beautiful pool. Good but expensive restaurant is a good hotel for both the family and for business travelers. The room was very nice. Class .. Although located on the edge of the sea, 1 minute walk! Close to the cinema Megarama! As close to the boardwalk and taxi. A return to Morocco, I would return in this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I stayed here in October with my cousin, two females traveling on our own exploring Morocco. I mentioned having read about Club Val D'Anfa's new rooms here on tripadvisor & they set us up with a beautiful ocean view and balcony. We were there for a week, and everyone was so friendly. We were always greeted with a smile on our way in or out. Both of us got a bit sick in the middle of our stay, and were so grateful that a couple of different staff members found us some over the counter meds to help us at no charge. The guys at the restaurant were especially awesome, teaching us a few arabic words every night at dinner (by the way, from pasta to seafood, we thought the food was delicious & had the chocolate dessert over and over). Everything is clean and everyone made us feel welcome. We tried using the jacuzzi in the spa one night and it wasn't working properly, but the staff gave us no fuss about refunding our money (I'm sure it's working great again). Best part had to be listening to the sound of the ocean every morning & watching the kids play soccer on the beach. Very soothing. Yes, they have a nightclub on weekends, but I'm a city girl it didn't keep me from getting a nice comfortable night's rest.

An overall note on Morocco, do not hesitate to bargain for EVERYTHING save a fixed price on a restaurant menu. A petit taxi cab ride into the center of the city shouldn't cost you more than 20 dirhams, but detecting a tourist will often get you a quote of 50. Relatively speaking, it's still affordable, but your money will go a lot further if you're savvy enough to make the most of it. And there's A LOT of shopping to be done! Leave space in your suitcase, you will love so many things in the Ancienne Medina and around the Habous area. Whatever price they initially tell you, cut it in half and offer them that. Don't go much higher & walk away if they don't take it. They will come after you if they really want to make the sale and take your offer, and if you really want it, just come back a little later. Camel leather, colorful fabrics, lamps, jewelry, beautiful scarves, the "ali baba" shoes ...sigh... Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2011

very poor breakfast, they try to cheat us on mini bar not replacing drinks and then charging them, hotel needs renovations and actually is partly during this process, so if you stay on the pool it is very loud

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MichalK74
Reviewed 24 September 2011

My husband arrived in Morocco the day before me & had a small bottle of water from the mini bar in the room. He went out for the day & came to pick me up from the airport later that night. Our dinner was included in our room rate, but the waiter insisted that we pay 500 dirhams for our meal of tuna & salad (that was all that was left in the buffet), no dessert & a few over ripe, bruised bananas & a couple of plums. We had a bottle of wine to share & were happy to pay the 150 dirhams for that. The waiter came back & said we were to pay half for our meal. We still refused & I went to our room to get the paperwork showing that our meal was included. He "huffed" away. The next morning we checked out & on our bill it said the we drank 4 cans of tonic water!!!!
Just watch them, they will try to get you!!! The room was very clean & views were wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple