“Traditional Moroccan Cuisine; Stunning Decor”
Review of Basmane

Basmane
Ranked #26 of 984 Restaurants in Casablanca
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2017

It was jet-lag day; we were staying right on the Corniche, and didn't want to go far afield, so we toddled into Basmane. The menu looked good; and the décor was really beautiful. Later, we were told that we'd stumbled into one of the best restaurants in Casablanca for Classic Moroccan Cuisine. Sometimes we do the right thing even unconsciously.

I was delighted with the menu; I loved the Moroccan architecture. We entered and stepped down three stairs into one of the most beautiful restaurants we dined in during our two weeks in Morocco. The restaurant is splendidly done. We were promptly shown to a very fine table. We ordered wine while we perused the extensive menu.

I chose Pigeon Pastilla for my starter. The dish is well known as one of the classic national dishes of Morocco. Flaky filo crust filled with shredded pigeon, raisins, and spices. The dish is sweet and is dusted with confectioners' sugar. This appetizer was everything I expected - and more. One of my companions ordered crispy filo triangles and roll-up appetizers. No idea what they are called, but they were more savory than the pastilla, and were accompanied by a fiery dish of harissa, a chili-red condiment we encountered over and over in Morocco.

For my main course, I ordered lamb tagine with assorted dried fruits and honey. The lamb shank with prunes, apricots, and nuts arrived sizzling hot and was really delicious, perhaps the best tagine I had while in Morocco.

I loved this restaurant; I loved the food, the décor, the ambiance. And I thought the wait staff very attentive and professional. I'd go out of my way to dine at this restaurant again. Enjoy.

2  Thank redeco

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Visited this restaurant on Friday night, very nice ambience and food too. Belly dancers came out to entertain too, overall a nice restaurant

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant, great service, very good food, specialised in Moroccan food, recommended if you are in Casa!

Reviewed 24 January 2017

As you walk in you are greeted by a beautiful traditional moroccan inspired interior which sets the mood for the amazing cuisine that followed,
We ordered the sweet and sour pastilla, seafood pastilla and mixed moroccan salad which consists of nine tasting dishes of moroccan salads.
We came for a late lunch so did not order mains on this occasion but had some traditional moroccan desserts with moroccan tea to finish off the dinner,
The portions are generous and the quality is of the highest standard. I will be visiting this place again for dinner the next time i'm in town as the service and food is impeccable in a city where unfortunately the service more often than not lets the experience down. However as I said, this place is well worth a visit and is definitely one of the best in town for traditional moroccan cuisine.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

We had some authentic Moroccan tagines here last night. Food was great, service was great and the location is even better. If you want to try some Moroccan food in Casa, this is the place to be.