“A summer favorite”

The WaterFront
Ranked #13 of 36 Restaurants in Arnolds Park
Price range: USD 12 - USD 35
Reviewed 12 June 2017

This was our first time at The Waterfront and we will definitely be back. My husband and I went on a Saturday evening and everything was perfect from start to finish. We made reservations online and would have been seated inside. However, we requested a patio seat when we arrived and were easily accommodated. The views are gorgeous! We had the calamari, baseball cut sirloin, parmesan mashed potatoes and a crepe with crab meat, asparagus, and roasted peppers. Everything was fabulous and perfectly done! I can't say enough wonderful things about our waiter, Andrew. He was polite, well-spoken, and anticipated every need we may have had. It's rare to find service this exceptional in our area. The prices are on the higher end, particularly with side dishes ordered ala carte, but the ambience, food quality, service and overall experience are definitely worth the extra $.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Recently ate with my wife. It has a very pleasant atmosphere and ambience. The prices are on the higher side with everything ordered ala carte. We each had steaks that were excellently prepared. I ordered the mash potatoes and my wife ordered the asparagus. Both were large sides that we shared as each came on its own container. If you are looking for a place to celebrate a special event, this the place. Just expect to spend lots of time there as the service was a bit slow.

1  Thank dennyjan
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Why make the customer chop there own salad? I got the Raspberry scallop Brussel sprout salad. Ugh. It was horrible. The brussels were ice cold in the middle and just slice in half, so you have to try to cut them up with your fork. They were just too big. The scallops were so rare they were dang near raw. Hardly any dressing.
And on top of it all, it was EXTREMELY expensive. I will never go back.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I wanted to take my three children out for a nice dinner outdoors since the weather was absolutely gorgeous! Well we sat outside with a gorgeous view, but the view was absolutely the only thing that went well. First we waited 12 minutes after being seated without any acknowledgment from any server, finally I stopped a waitress ask her if we had a server? She then returned to table, took our order, awhile later another server brought out our food, at this time we didn't have our drinks or any silverware, it had now been 45 mins,since our arrival at the restaurant, kids were starving and frozen. We ask to be moved indoors.....so we, my kids and i grabbed our plates (no drinks or silverware) to worry about! Moved indoors, finally got our drinks, which were NEVER refilled, not even an offer to do so and our silverware, a butter knife and fork, both my boys ordered steak but no steak knife??? My daughter ordered chicken strips, I was horrified when she told me it didn't taste good and I looked it over a portion of one of the strips was raw!! Raw chicken, she is 6!!!!! I showed our server, she said, oh I think she will be ok, I ask for check and we left!!!!! $50, our bill for an adult and three children, horrible service and raw chicken? I'm sorry, to me this is unacceptable, we will not return and will be sure to let others know for their safety not to take part in this mess of a restaurant, we left with no apologies from anyone of the staff or any effort by anyone to make the experience better for my family, I'm so disappointed we wasted a gorgeous evening in this gorgeous town at this disappointing place. Attached are photos of the chicken my daughter was served!

4  Thank Angie M
Reviewed 30 March 2017

The food was awesome and my steak was perfectly cooked. We enjoyed The Waterfront. It has become one of our favorite places to eat at Lake Okoboji