“biggest burrito ive ever had!!”

Pancheros Mexican Grill
Ranked #88 of 155 Restaurants in Ankeny
Price range: USD 3 - USD 10
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Fresh-pressed tortillas. The finest ingredients. Perfectly mixed bites. Better Built Burritos are in a league of their own. Standing tall as they are proud, tasty as they are sturdy. Standing boldly above their lesser-built burrito peers.
Reviewed 5 January 2017

was doing some last minute Christmas shopping and wanted a quick bit to eat and stop in for a little Mexican. walked in and was instantly greeted with a huge smile from the cashier on duty Ericka she asked us what we wanted and i told her i was wanting a burrito and she noticed that i was expecting and said she had just the perfect treat for me.... she mad by far the biggest burrito Ive ever seen in my life... im not joking when i say it weighed at least 3lbs maybe more... the service was the best for them getting ready to close. she was even nice enough to give me her discount and a free drink i will definitely be coming back there again soon THANKS ERIKA!!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

This Panchero's is clean and well maintained. The food is good. Very much like every other Panchero's. Not authentic mexican, but good americanized burritos.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I have to admit that when my coworker said to eat here, I had my doubts. When I walked in I am thinking to myself that this is like that other burrito chain. But when I got up there to order, I noticed the fresh-pressed, fresh grilled tortillas. Then I noticed the carnitas with salsa verde. Add a little cheese, lettuce, and cream. Then came the curve ball. They mix it up so that when you bite into it, you get carnita, with cream, with cheese, with some salsa verde, rice and beans. Nothing overwhelms the other and each flavor is separate, but also paired. Start to finish you get the same flavor. It's like it never runs out!!!

Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

I'm hoping that the young woman who helped us was having a bad day, because if that is how she always treats/greets customers, she should not be in that position.
It wasn't too busy, but they weren't too quick either. I won't complain about time taken to freshly press the tortillas for the burritos, because they were good and worth that fresh time. But the rest of the food was average and kind of bland. I have heard from friends that the other locations are not like this, so next time I will take the drive to the next town over so I can get better service.

Reviewed 22 November 2014 via mobile

i have been here many times and had good burritos and ok ones and one bad one with fatty meat one time or dried out rice or old jalapenos but never had one so gross as the other night and got charged extra because the lady didnt understand english. It was so terrible i got it to go so i wasnt going to drive back to the other side of ankeny to tell them but i could not believe how old and gross they let the beans and queso get over cooked 5 times the beans were crumchy hard un edible rocks never ever has it been that bad. i did not care for the people working that night the lady was terrible there has been much more helpful people at night who understand english and do a good job and dont leave rotten food in the containers yuck i wont ever go back now after that 11 dollar waste of money for a burrito and queso and whateber else they gave me an extra charge for randomly when i didnt get anything extra they have done that every other time and i get the same thing every time it's annoying...good luck you can not stay in buisness selling rotten food. I am so dissappointed and disgusted with this place now. I orginally had only decent experiences and burritos before this horrible night even the week before last at night was good...this time i should have gotten my money back i was not even able to eat it and it was a complete waste.

Been to Pancheros Mexican Grill? Share your experiences!