“Ok, but not real Mexican”

Pancheros Mexican Grill
Ranked #89 of 154 Restaurants in Ankeny
Price range: USD 3 - USD 10
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Fresh-pressed tortillas. The finest ingredients. Perfectly mixed bites. Better Built Burritos are in a league of their own. Standing tall as they are proud, tasty as they are sturdy. Standing boldly above their lesser-built burrito peers.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It was ok, but I found it bland and not very authentic. The veggies are nice but there wasn't anything special or memorable so I won't be back.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I don't know what people are complaning about but ankeny pancheros is fine there is not a huge difference in any of the pancheros locations around des moines other than the one on 100th street i remember not being so great and my boyfriend got sick once. the people are friendly and do a good job and get me my extra jalapenos that i ask for. nothing has ever been bad at this location and I have eaten here enough times to fill up probably 10 free burrito cards over the last 5 years.

1  Thank waves28
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The food here is so bland water has more flavor. Taco Bell might have a better selection of products. They don't take American Express. Des Monies is a fairly large city right? and a Place doesn't take Amex?

Reviewed 31 March 2013

This location has a smaller dining area than the West Des Moines location, but it is often less packed with people, too. Many times we have chosen to go to the Ankeny location for that very reason. The service, food quality, cleanliness, is all the same as other locations in this chain.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Panchero's is by-far my favorite restaurant. Their food could never POSSIBLY disappoint any patron. HOWEVER, the Panchero's in Ankeny is despicable and should be closed for good. I have given them several opportunities to "get it together" and they are no longer getting my business. Their meat is dry, they do not "pile it on" like every other panchero's, they are always low or almost out of everything...I guess unless you are lucky enough to show up as soon as they fill up their partitions. They are skimpy with their toppings and if you get a quesadilla, which I did because I was always upset with my burrito, you wont even get the meat spread out. You will have two with meat and two with cheese. It doesn't tast bad that way because it is still the companies cheese...Simply needing to be added. However, you order a meat burrito not a cheese. I always feel like I am interrupting the staff when I come in and they do not put any love into what they are doing or in making your food.

EVERY SINGLE OTHER PANCHEROS IS EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. I recommend the one off of 86th or on 100th. THEY WILL NEVER DISAPPOINT YOU AND THEY GIVE YOU THE BEST FOOD AND SERVICE. The one by Jordan Creek is also amazing, it is just a little bit farther for me so I do not get to it as often. They have pride in their restaurant,as they should.

16  Thank hknotts

Been to Pancheros Mexican Grill? Share your experiences!