AmericInn by Wyndham Ankeny/Des Moines
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
My Place Hotel-Ankeny, IA(Ankeny)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskthe breakfast arearoom was cleangreat place to stayno elevatorrecommend this hotelwould stay here againgas stationthe pool area was nicestaff was friendlyconvenient locationnext morningeasy accessfree breakfastfireplacelampinterstate
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We were greeted at the front desk by Jason, and check in went very smoothly. . room was clean, beds were comfortable, and the sink area was outside the bathroom, which I always like. The pool area was nice and clean as well. But ... be sure to wear some type of shoe or sandal when walking around the pool area, as it's small pebbles that are supposed to be glued down, but many are loose, and dang .. those hurt your feet! My second trip to the pool area included footwear. I saw others also walking and wishing they had something on their feet. When we got back to our room from swimming, we could turn the tv on, but couldn't get it to change channels or use the guide, etc. Jason to the rescue! He came to our room immediately and checked a sensor on the tv, and all was well. Our granddaughter was happy. The tv in the room was a nice, large tv -- seemed bigger than most hotel TV's. Breakfast the next morning offered a nice variety of hot and cold items. Ashley kept busy hopping from the main desk to cleaning and replenishing the items as needed. She did a fantastic job of both. We would definitely stay here again if in the area

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Sam P, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Ankeny/Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Sherry C,

Thank you for sharing your encouraging review of our engaging and highly professional front desk staff. Please allow me to apologize about the pool area, we are looking to address the issue in the coming months. We value your business and look forward to seeing you again next time you're in town. Thanks!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This is my third year in a row staying at this hotel and I absolutely love it. Sometimes I think people just look for the nitty gritty to complain about in a hotel. No complaints here! Breakfast is great, Room is clean, staff has always been friendld, property looks well kept. I have yet to use the pool so can't comment there. The only complaint I could even possibly come up with is that the coffee near the front desk is very bitter. I drink my coffee black and ended up throwing it away as it was too bitter for me. But if the only complaint is the coffee... I think this hotel is a keeper ;)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Dawn A,

Thank you for giving us the privilege of hosting you for the third time. We are humbled by your patronage. It is our goal to provide our guests with the highest standard of service and accommodations and I am very pleased to know that this is your experience every time. I do apologize on the bitter coffee, we are addressing ways to make it taste better. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The rooms are very clean and quiet. A good location, just off the Interstate, easy access on and off. Breakfast staff was great! Thanks, Ashley! She was very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear hildebja,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit. It was wonderful to read how great a visit you had and your compliments to the breakfast staff. I will be sure to share your review with them so they know their efforts did not go unnoticed. We are delighted that you are excited to return and we hope to welcome you back very soon. Thanks!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I can't complain about the service or the room. Bed was a bit hard, but I can live with that. However, I had no internet service all evening. I was 1 door from the office, so you would think I would have the best service available. Breakfast was not anything fancy or great but was being served at my meeting so didn't really eat much.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Sam P, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Ankeny/Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear barbararT376LC,

Thank you for your feedback. The internet service you received seems to be an isolated event and we are looking into why you were not getting service. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again. Thank you!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We were in town for a wedding and stayed here for 6 nights. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The air conditioning was quite noisy, but cooled the room nicely.

The female hotel staff were quite friendly and helpful. I'm sorry that I didn't get their names, but we were always greeted with a friendly smile when coming and going. They seemed to stay busy cleaning and restocking the breakfast area when they weren't busy with guests. I cannot say the same for the male desk staff. None of them even acknowledged us.

We were going to use the pool area, but it was like a steam room in there. If its like that during the winter, great. But during the summer, it was not refreshing to be in that area.

The hotel is close to the interstate, which made it quite convenient for us.

We will stay there again when in town.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2 room suite right above the check in desk. The room was quiet (except for the a/c) and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DesMoinesDudz
Sam P, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Ankeny/Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear DesMoinesDudz,

Thank you for your review and for choosing AmericInn Lodge & Suites. Pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to having you again as our guest soon!