“Food was Great!”
Review of Cowboy Chicken

Cowboy Chicken
Ranked #39 of 155 Restaurants in Ankeny
Price range: USD 8 - USD 10
Description: Our chicken is all natural and hormone-free and our dishes are hand crafted daily from only the freshest ingredients. We call this honest food, and it's what keeps our friends and family coming back for more. Our recipes have stood the test of time and remain bold, simple and natural. Our wood-fired, hand-carved rotisserie chicken is worthy of the most trail-hardened cowboy.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The food and service here was awesome. The restaurant was clean and inviting. They had apple Ice Tea which was amazing.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Rotisserie chicken that melts in your mouth...Don't like standing in a line to order but line moves quick and orders fill in a short amount of time...Mac and Cheese is great....3 piece chicken, mac and cheese and green beans...what a combo....

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We visited Cowboy Chicken at 6:00pm on a Saturday night. Took about 10 mins to order at the counter. They give you number so they can bring your meal out to you later. Took about 10 to get the meal. It’s the best rotisserie chick out there. Lots of great side choices.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

First time stopping. We chose chicken legs and half chicken. Go to get silverware and spoons are almost out and knives are out. I asked about knives when the food was delivered and she said they are there. I said they are out. She said I'll get some. Two of us eating and she brings only one knife? Poor service. Now to the meal. Baked sweet potato ordered, half of a baked potato delivered. Side salad ordered, salad stems delivered. Breast on the chicken was dry. Wing was cooked to actually crunchy leather consistency. Chicken legs were good. Corn "fritters" aren't fritters but actually sweet corn nuggets. Seems that either they need another person working or the ones who are need to work faster. Silverware should never run out during meal time!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

My husband and I stopped here for lunch on a weekday. It was fairly busy and the line went fast enough. My husband and I both ordered the Laredo, which is a chicken sandwich with guacamole, cheese, tomato, and chipotle mayo. I ordered twice baked potaters as my side. We had a coupon for bogo on the meals, but the cashier kept having problems ringing it up. After a couple people helped her to make the coupon work, we seated ourselves. The food didn't take very long to come out. They gave me the wrong side, so they let me keep the mistake and promptly grabbed the right one. The chicken sandwich was very good and filling. The twice baked potaters were also very good and totally what I wasn't expecting. They were more of a hashbrown-style side, similar to cheesy potato casserole. We were super stuffed when we left. The staff members were all pretty nice and there was always someone making sure tables were bussed and that everything was ok.

Been to Cowboy Chicken? Share your experiences!