“A Step back in Time”

Add it.
Vinyl Cafe
Ranked #85 of 216 Restaurants in Ames
Reviewed 16 December 2015

My wife and I stopped by for a coffee while Christmas shopping in downtown Ames. I had walked past this place for years. I'm sorry it took so long to go in. The joint is no frills and a little dark. This is not a knock. I loved it! The owner is quite pleasant and seems very knowledgable about LP's.

I was a little disappointed with the number of albums for sale but the owner assured me he had a bunch more coming in. The quantity may have been lacking but the quality was great! We snagged about four albums including a slightly rare "First Family" album by Vaugn Meader.

Oh, and the coffee was good. Here's a local guy keeping things simple and making a buck. Stop on by. You never know what you might find.

1  Thank RVIDI
Reviewed 20 September 2015

They have great shake selections to chose from plus a card to fill up and you get 1 free ;)

Saw many of the 45s/albums I have collected since the 1960s!!

quiety place where folks could study or be in internet.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

Smooth drinks, great eats, this place is the best! The owner makes coffee the right way is amazing at service. It has a chill vibe and live bands couple nights a week/month! If you want the best coffee/latte /etc you have ever tasted this is the place to go!! There are a ton of unique flavors all are pretty awesome!

1  Thank Danielle B

Been to Vinyl Cafe? Share your experiences!