“Excellent Meal with Fast Service”
Review of El Azteca

El Azteca
Ranked #8 of 218 Restaurants in Ames
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We love this part of town, and we were very impressed with our service and meal. We went on a Friday night, so the restaurant was packed. We put our name in, ordered a drink at the bar and our table was ready. Chips and salsa was immediately brought to the table. Our waiter was very attentive, we ordered right away, and our meal was ready quickly. I ordered a beef burrito that was hot and delicious. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I never had this good of service. If your cup was half empty they would fill it up. The food was great and super fast service. We ordered and it was about ten minutes later the food was there. The place was packed.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

I was here with a good friend for lunch. It was very busy but we got seated quickly and food also came out quickly.

It was tasty and as expected.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

We just moved to central Iowa from Texas, and have been trying to find Mexican food similar to what we're used to. This is the first place that I have liked the salsa. The best tacos I had were very good. I washed it all down with a cold Modelo Especial! From a bottle, but that's okay.
The service was good. The atmosphere is pleasant.
I'll be going there again even though it is half an hour away.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

My son attending Iowa State took me over to El Azteca when I visited Ames. I've made sure we go back whenever I'm in town. Our family really liked the place. I'm not a Mexican food expert but the everyone in group really loved their dishes. My son and I always get the Burrito California whenever we go. Not sure about some of the negative staff comments. I've always liked how the staff behaved and how they've treated us. I think there are a couple El Azteca locations.

Been to El Azteca? Share your experiences!