“Yup. I love their breakfasts! ”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #21 of 218 Restaurants in Ames
Cuisines: American, Deli
Description: FOR GOODNESS STEAK! Welcome steak lovers. Perkins® is your place for your favorite meal. Steak! Choose from classics like Steak Medallions & Shrimp or try a new creation like our A.1. ® Steakhouse Benedict Omelet. If you're in the mood for a little sizzle, there's always our Steak & Cheese or Steak & Peppers Skillet. Have your steak and eat it, too. Only at Perkins®.
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Great service. Good food. You always feel welcomed. We had a group of 5. Our server did everything right. Coffee was delicious. I had eggs Benedict always good.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I got the magnificent 7 this last visit. It was very good and filling. See pics. Prices are ok. Friendly staff. Family friendly. Clean. Lot parking. Marcy’sDinerTantrumScale 5/5-no screaming kids.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We stopped at Perkins and between us enjoyed the meatloaf dinner, brioche French toast, and loaded hash browns. Thinking of it makes me want to go back now.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We went for breakfast on move in weekend. We went early to beat the crowd. The service team was up to the task and got us our yummy breakfast right away. We like all of the additions to the menu. Sometimes you just gotta have breakfast and Perkins is a great place for breakfast anytime of the day.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I just read another person's review that gave this place a one star. I'd just like to point out that I've been here MANY times, and if I remember right, I've had the salmon and it was good. And as the pics show, I've had the asparagus, and it was very good, and I normally DON'T LIKE asparagus! This place is open 24/7. There are many, many breakfast, lunch and dinner choices, all of which have various prices, some extremely reasonable. Eva showed us to our booth. Tony was our server. And Andre checked to make sure we were doing ok with our meals. Long time, wonderful staff. And friendly staff. Clean place. Very busy this time we were here. The granny's hash browns are very good. The pies and muffins here are wonderful. Very family friendly. Marcydiner tantrum scale of 5/5-no screaming kids. Maybe the reason it scored so high on another review site was all of the reasons I mention above?