“Good service on a busy weekend”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #22 of 216 Restaurants in Ames
Cuisines: American, Deli
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We went for breakfast on move in weekend. We went early to beat the crowd. The service team was up to the task and got us our yummy breakfast right away. We like all of the additions to the menu. Sometimes you just gotta have breakfast and Perkins is a great place for breakfast anytime of the day.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I just read another person's review that gave this place a one star. I'd just like to point out that I've been here MANY times, and if I remember right, I've had the salmon and it was good. And as the pics show, I've had the asparagus, and it was very good, and I normally DON'T LIKE asparagus! This place is open 24/7. There are many, many breakfast, lunch and dinner choices, all of which have various prices, some extremely reasonable. Eva showed us to our booth. Tony was our server. And Andre checked to make sure we were doing ok with our meals. Long time, wonderful staff. And friendly staff. Clean place. Very busy this time we were here. The granny's hash browns are very good. The pies and muffins here are wonderful. Very family friendly. Marcydiner tantrum scale of 5/5-no screaming kids. Maybe the reason it scored so high on another review site was all of the reasons I mention above?

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Its Perkins kinda full when we arrived and waited 5 mins but the food is what you'd expect from a Perkins cause you know its a chain restaurant the foods the same. Waitress was kind and kept popping in making sure things were ok. Overall decent place to eat at that offers a variety of foods.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We had great time there. The staff are really respectful and friendly. The food tasted awesome. We just got unlucky with the cream we put in the coffee was bad but the manager took it off our bill. We tried the grilled chicken with asparagus and the steak and pepper dishes which were both marinated just perfect.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Come on people of Yelp...The food is not that good! A few examples: my mom and I went in and ordered Salmon with asparagus. Salmon was way over cooked (like chalk) and asparagus which was supposedly *seared* in a skillet was horrid. I asked for new asparagus, and it was just as bad. Honestly wanted to offer to go back to the kitchen and cook it myself...How hard is it to add Salt/Pepper olive oil to asparagus and sautee for 3 minutes?!?! We didn't pay for that meal. Example 2: I wanted to try "Eggs benedict" so I ordered it, and what do you know? They couldn't even poach an egg correctly...