“A very addictive taste”

Thai Kitchen
Ranked #38 of 218 Restaurants in Ames
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Thai Kitchen is one of my favorites in Ames. The taste of red, green, or yellow fried rice and salmond sticks to the tongue and makes you come back for more. The price is standard, and the owners are nice, friendly people. A good restaurant for a quick satisfying meal, and yeah the portions are huge as well.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This place is open even though they are doing construction on the building around it. The food is GREAT! Pay no attention to the photographs of the food on the walls, they are yellowed and look bad. Everything I have ordered here has been outstanding. My favorite is the Chicken Panaag, and be sure to try the Thai tea. Closed Mondays.
Family friendly - my kids love eating here.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Excellent fried rices, tasty noodle dishes, overall good atmosphere for a decent price compared to other Thai options in town.

1  Thank David D
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Nice place to eat fried rice, noodles, soups and more ! A lot of vegetarian options. Not expensive. I recommend

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Thai food offers a lot of variety, and this Thai restaurant offers more options than many Thai places do (including the other option in Ames). From rice to noodles, soup to special dishes, this place offers it all - and at a price everyone can afford.

Vegetarians will love the WIDE selection of options, since nearly everything can be made with tofu instead of meat. The portions are plentiful without being overly huge, the vegetable spring rolls are delicious, and the Thai iced tea is a nice treat. I have a hard time recommending a favorite dish, since my tastes vary widely and I have yet to find a dish I didn't enjoy. But for me, the curry dishes are the standouts, so I tend to consider those first. People who are less fond of spice might want to try a dish like Lard Na or Pad See Eil. (Be adventurous! Skip the pad thai - it's OK, but there are many better options.)

Occasionally the service can be just a tiny bit slow, depending on how busy things are, so I tend to order in advance when I'm in a hurry and get it to go. This isn't really a date night place - it's a bit spartan - but it's a good place to consistently get a great meal.

Pro tips: I recently discovered that you can add your own additional chili at a little chili bar, where you can mix up a concoction that's right for you. Also, be sure to download the app you'll see recommended in the store, because there are regularly 20% discounts offered or other specials.

All in all, this is - for me - one of the top 3 options for vegetarians in Ames who want something other than a salad, veggie burger, soup or boring pasta dish. I have to tell people over and over again that the best restaurants in Ames are in Campustown, and this one is a shining example of that.

1  Thank AmesVegetarian

Been to Thai Kitchen? Share your experiences!