“Absolutely Wonderful Food and Experience”

Dublin Bay Irish Pub & Grill
Ranked #5 of 218 Restaurants in Ames
Price range: USD 8 - USD 22
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: For the Irish, a Pub is far more than a bar… a Pub is a community gathering place – an overgrown “family room” where members of the neighborhood meet to share the latest news, laugh, and ofttimes solve the world’s problems. At an Irish Pub, the idea of being a “regular” is, well, a bit of a lunacy… one can no more be a regular in a Pub than a regular in one’s own home! For the Irish, the Pub is a home – not for its beer, or stout, or libations, but for its environment of family… comfort… and safety from the stormy rains that grow the Irish countryside emerald green in grass and clover. For a traveler, the attraction of the Pub is the Irish philosophy that there are no strangers, but rather friends not yet met. To enter a Pub is to drop by a friend’s home… the greeting is warm and genuine, the service is gracious, the experience is relaxing and fun.
Reviewed 8 October 2018

My brother and law and I ate here over the weekend and from the moment I stepped in, to the moment I walked out, I was impressed.

We had the spinach artichoke dip which was really tasty. The best part were the thin soda bread slices that were deep fried to eat with the dip. Very delicious.

I had the Guiness beef boxty which is a potato pancake omelette with beef, peas, onions and peppers inside it with gorgonzola cheese sauce over top it. This was a special dish and I can say I've never had anything like it--truly delicious and unique. For my side, I had the Brussel sprouts/bacon. One of the best sides I've had in a long time.

Unfortunately, I don't live in the area but if I'm ever back in Ames, you can bet I'll be back here.

JustinK2569, General Manager at Dublin Bay Irish Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Wow, thank you for the wonderful review and we can't say enough how much we appreciate you stopping by and for taking the time to write a review. If you're ever back in Ames we would love to see you again. Slainte!

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Good lunch had by all. My soup and 1/2 Ruben was tastey- burgers looked good. Although on the smaller side I did find the Bloody Mary pretty good.

Thank you for the kind comments and we appreciate your support!

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Highly recommend Dublin Bay. What a treat!! My standard at all Irish restaurants is Shepard Pie... this one was amazing, thank you.

Hi Mike, thank you very much for the wonderful review and great comments. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I absolutely love going to Dubin Bay. Their prices are fair, and the food is amazing! Soda Bread is a must, and if you're looking for the irish experience, I highly suggest O'Briens Stew.

Hi Tricia, thank you for the amazing review and your support! We appreciate the shout out and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Amazing beer selection. Crab cakes, walleye and lamb stew all great. A touch expensive but really tasty. Excellent service.

Been to Dublin Bay Irish Pub & Grill? Share your experiences!